Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TRU Exclusive Movie Jetstorm and Wingblade

PLEASE NO MORE REPAINTS, they are driving crazy. Surely there must be someone out there with an imagination.

man this is whats wrong with the movie line now

honestly, these repaints could have waited/made way for a greater production of the mainline toys...

George
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

i'm finding these repaints very dull especially these 2...
    well, i could probably wait till a massive price-markdown for these lot, same with the other 3 cybertron 'movie' deluxe repaints i guess

I do like the new colours but I'm not so sure about buying them. It'll depend on the price point ultimately. I like both figures enough since they're from Cybertron but if I'm going to be asked to pay $60 a pop from TRU for repaints, no thanks.

JD, I think Wing Saber is a better toy than the Sky Shadow/Jetfire mould. The problem with Jetfire mould is there's a massive opening behind his chest that really stands out. His arms are quite limited too.

Wing Saber is a pretty decent figure with an arsenal of weapons and I think you'll like how the blades and weapons all translate from alt mode to robot mould. They all fit nicely into the alt mode without seeming cumbersome. The transformation on Wing Saber is pretty interesting too. My main complaint is he's top heavy, very hard to get into a good pose.

Won't get Jetstorm, but that's because I have Jetfire. Might get Wingblade, even though I have Cybertron Wing Saber, but that's because if he looks any good in bot mode, I'll have a second connector for my Cybertron Optimus Prime, which could wind up looking very nice.

benben2142 Guest

Do they still sell g1 repaints and g1 masterpiece Starscream?

It took me about 3 minutes to figure out that you might have meant the G1 movie repaints. Feel free to be more specific. :/

I haven't been to a TRU in ages but I haven't seen any restocks since Xmas - stocks of these figures were plentiful before Xmas but I haven't really checked since then.

Jetfire has a massive "useles electronic noises" pack and his wings make him really hard to display next to others. Wing Saber has some cool features like the gatling gun hands that move to turn into fingers, but his feet are weird (tails of the plane) and he also suffers from the UEN pack.But this was a curse of many toys in the Unicron era.

I think the colours are better, though, but it is clear that Hasbro sat down and looked at their catalog and compared with every single vehicle in the movie to turn them all into new Transformers with a simple repaint.
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

Wow i like the repaint, won't be getting them but i like em

If I didn't already have Wing Saber, I'd be very keen on Wingblade. I'd definitely recommend him to those who like Cybertron toys that don't have Wing Saber.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister