Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Pictures of Animated Grimlock, Lugnut

Default New Pictures of Animated Grimlock, Lugnut

Grimlock
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=170545

Lugnut, Ratchet, Blackarachnia
    http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=6622

I can't wait. I was really looking forward to Ratchet but Lugnut is pretty awesome. The colours and proportions really work. I think Jaydisc might not like how the back portion becomes detacable though

These toys are going to be pretty damn cool..

Ratchet is the pick of that bunch. I'll definitely get Grimlock but understand why people are annoyed about the lack of a chest cover, exposing the robot head in dino mode, and the fact that's he's so much shorter than voyager Prime. I'm undecided on Lugnut and will be leaving Black Arachnia for the Beast fans.

Heh, it's good to see that Pascal's attempting to improve his reviewing techniques despite his adamant claims (re: flame war) before that he didn't need to. His reviews are now very brief, but to the point and far more balanced than before; he is focusing on the actual strengths and weaknesses of the toys rather than just his emotional feelings about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipesqueak
    Ratchet is the pick of that bunch.
    I wonder if there's a storage place for his tools in vehicle mode. That was one neat thing with Armada and Cybertron Red Alert.

I'll definitely get Grimlock but understand why people are annoyed about the lack of a chest cover, exposing the robot head in dino mode, and the fact that's he's so much shorter than voyager Prime.
    The size thing doesn't bother me - there's never been a Grimlock toy who's been larger than an Optimus of the same class.
    + 1985 Grimlock: much smaller toy than 1984 Prime - then again '84 Prime is nearly a playset with the combat deck/trailer component. But comparing Grimmie with the cab robot alone Prime is taller by 1cm.
    + Pretender Grimlock: The puniest of the Classic Pretenders!! Totally dwarfed by the Prime of the time, who was a Powermaster (the 2nd largest of the G1 Primes*).
    + Action Master Grimlock: basically the same size as all other Action Masters
    + G2 Grimlock: Same size ratio as w/ G1 '85 Grimmie vs '84 Prime
    + Beast Wars Grimlock: Deluxe - other than Basic bat Primal all Optimus Primals were above Deluxe size (Mega, Ultra, Super).
    + Energon Grimlock: same size as Deluxe Energon Prime and of course shorter than Mega Zord Prime
    + Binaltech (ALT) Grimlock: All BTs/ALTs are approx. the same size - although BT Grimmie is 3cm shorter than Alt Prime and is substantially smaller in vehicle mode (since a Ford Mustang would be smaller than a Dodge Ram )
    + Classics Grimlock is Deluxe whereas Classics Prime is Voyager.

I'm undecided on Lugnut and will be leaving Black Arachnia for the Beast fans.
    I really like Blackarachnia - she's HAWT and I'd totally d--, collect her.

Lugnut seems decent enough

Ah heck, I know that I'm probably gonna become a character completist of this series now. ;p

*The largest G1 Prime is Star Convoy (29cm).

Man i wish i had kids to buy these toys for..........

I'm just gonna buy them for myself!

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Yep! These look awesome. There's a few video reviews on youtube of both Ratchet and Blackarahnia and they look amazing!

Why cant these be in stores NOW!!

Thumbs down

UUUmmmm are we looking at the same pictures. These look like my first Transformer with the sickingly disgusting colour combinations and the out of proportion bodies BLLLEEEAAAHHH. I unfortunately will be buying them but not because they are anything brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The size thing doesn't bother me - there's never been a Grimlock toy who's been larger than an Optimus of the same class.
    It doesn't really bother me too much either, not the direct comparison with Prime anyway. But both voyager Bulkhead and Grimlock leave themselves open to similar criticism that movie Blackout received, that they're deluxes posing as voyagers (unless voyager Prime is particularly tall). Again, doesn't really bother me if they're great toys, but in the case of Blackout, he was both a shortarse and a truly crap toy.

lotta love, yeh yeh you will say yeh yeh
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion