Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Classics sunstreaker on ebay

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Default Classics sunstreaker on ebay

Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 07:59 AM.

Wow, it's up to $76.00!!! Don't know if I want to spend that much just to say I've had it before major release.

Looks like one just slipped out of the factory

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

I can't wait for these to hit the shelves. I feel like a kid waiting for my Christmas Presents.

Honestly, The only Animated figure I'll be picking up (that is if they make one with a G1-esque car mode) will be:

But damnit, I can't wait to get me Sunstreaker/Prowl/Powerglide/Onslaught/Octane/Galvatron etc.
    Hell, I don't think I'll be able to wait until they hit the shelves - I'll probably just do a bulk order from BBTS.

I am a bit on the fence regarding the Universe Classics...

Powerglide looks like A$$ and and the SWAT marks on Onslaught look out of place almost as if he is supposed to be a reimagining in a different line rather than the G1 character.

Prowl's design looks pretty solid but his paint finish look very cheap, the same goes with Octane although the G1 toy also suffered from the same issue.

Sunstreaker looks very good although he is hardly anything new, design wise he feels more like a rehash of alt/bt designs simplified and adapted to deluxe size. Good but nothing special.

These new Universe Classics although reasonably good, they do feel inferior to the original Classics line, almost as if Hasbro didn't want to do them and are only there to apeace fan demand, hence mixing them up with Universe.

Archer putting the Classics 2.0 as part of Universe line makes me think that he has a 'I don't really care so I am just going to do the minimal' sort of attitude.

However my main issue with them is not so much the design but the Hasbro typical cheap paint jobs and finishes that looks like they have applied from the pics. I don't want to buy them only so that a year later Takara releases cheaper and much higher quality versions of the figure without cheapening on production costs.

At the end I will have a look myself when they are on the shelves and decide then, but so far they look cheap with Prowl's unpainted missiles, Powerglide's horrendous color scheme which much of it being the base plastic color and Onslaught's stupid SWAT marks.

do you think these will have a henkei release as well? heh

Sunstreaker... i'll have to wait til i see it in person. Looks kinda funny

Quote Originally Posted by sifun View Post
    do you think these will have a henkei release as well? heh

Sunstreaker... i'll have to wait til i see it in person. Looks kinda funny
    Seems like the logical outcome. This is why I am reluctant to buy these Hasbro releases.

Oooh. I doubt I can contain myself waiting for Takara releases if I start seeing these guys on the local shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Oooh. I doubt I can contain myself waiting for Takara releases if I start seeing these guys on the local shelves.
    There's nothing wrong with owning doubles of the best toys in years.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    There's nothing wrong with owning doubles of the best toys in years.
    What MPs? thats a bit exspenisve.

Seriously though I don't mind minor colour glitches likes those on Prowl, cause I can just use the awesome power of customising to make things right. Powerglide and Onslaught are more of a problem.

The new classics are pretty nice, but overall I'm still more excited about Hasbros 25th aniversary Joe Line this year. Hope we see a lot more classic TF's next year.