Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Planet X vs Fansproject not-Sludge

With so many coming out I am going to wait for them all before deciding as well.
    I'm thinking the CHUG sized ones as I like to keep my MP's as cartoon accurate as possible.
    Spiderken Away!

I got Columpio (Fansproject not-Sludge) a few days ago and it's just beautiful. It's a simple transformation but still engineered beautifully and it's paint apps are fantastic. If Hasbro toys were this good, I'd be happy paying the $100-odd dollars Columpio cost. Possibly the best toy I've bought so far this year. I'll definitely be getting the rest of the Fansproject dinobots line.
    Last edited by M-bot; 19th September 2014 at 08:04 PM.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

The metallic tint on the paint of Columpio is really nice. Got mine just yesterday. still haven't opened it. Ill get to play with it more when Im on day off..
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I really want to see Planet X's Slug. If I only purchase one third party figure, their FOC Slug will be it. Something about Fansproject's puts me off, though I'm not sure what.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I've only just noticed that Columpio doesn't have (much of) wings. It's still a nice looking Sludge but...

I don't know how I missed that for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I've only just noticed that Columpio doesn't have (much of) wings. It's still a nice looking Sludge but...

I don't know how I missed that for so long.
    Wings on Sludge? Are you thinking of Swoop perhaps?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Wings on Sludge? Are you thinking of Swoop perhaps?
    No, I mean Sludge. His beast mode's back opens up into wings in robot mode in both the toy and cartoon model. Colompio has them, but they are small and don't really show up in the pics.

Now I start to wonder if I'm the only person who thinks all the Dinobots have 'wings'. Am maybe I am the only one who grew up thinking that's why the Dinobots can fly in robot mode when the other Autobots needed jetpacks.

Now I start to wonder if I'm the only person who thinks all the Dinobots have 'wings'. Am maybe I am the only one who grew up thinking that's why the Dinobots can fly in robot mode when the other Autobots needed jetpacks.
    It's as good a theory as any - maybe Prowl and Bluestreak could have been able to fly too.

No, I mean Sludge. His beast mode's back opens up into wings in robot mode in both the toy and cartoon model. Colompio has them, but they are small and don't really show up in the pics.

I always saw them as "Wings" too, just not the sort used for flight is all - More so as decorative or ornamental, sort of like those banners that the Chinese & Japanese used to adorn themselves with.
    (Not to mention the kibble had to go somewhere didn't it? )

Dinobots need wings. It's part of their aesthetic. I always thought they could fly because they were built by the Autobots and thus were given better abilities than the others, who were Cybertronian-built.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust