Page 29 of 141 FirstFirst ... 91924252627282930313233343949 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Photography - From Transformers to Non-Transformers

I agree with STL's comments, both VP and Deceptic are really doing great things in this thread; as are a number of other.
    I really wish I had the Summer light back down here, my photos came out much better then.

I hope to add to this thread again in the not too distant future, I'm thinking that if I want to ever be able to take decent photos again then I'm going to have to buy myself a photo tent/cube and lighting rig.

@VP: Whilst he's no Scorpion, , those are a pair of briliant shots dude.
    @Deceptic: That is an excellent shot for a business card dude, you're already partly there with the logo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I agree with STL's comments, both VP and Deceptic are really doing great things in this thread; as are a number of other.
    Cheers mate.

I really wish I had the Summer light back down here, my photos came out much better then.

I hope to add to this thread again in the not too distant future, I'm thinking that if I want to ever be able to take decent photos again then I'm going to have to buy myself a photo tent/cube and lighting rig.
    Don't worry about the lighting and the photo tent/cube too much mate.

I'd suggest investing your funds in upgrading your camera equipment - a DSLR will allow you so much more control that it will cancel out any lighting issues you may have (even a cheaper entry level model).

@VP: Whilst he's no Scorpion, , those are a pair of briliant shots dude.
    Akuma would totally own Scorpion!

I have been trying out taking photos with my new camera, working on lighting and what not. I'm a bit frustrated because I just can't get my photos looking good like other people's.

Here is a few I have taken;

And here is my LBC, lazy bastard custom;

Fabulor - Eternian Stylist (I don't know which head to go with, any suggestions?)

Excellent shots Fallen! - All bar the 1st are top notch IMO.
    The 1st shot's thrown off a little because of the seem you can see behind the subject, but I know what you mean with lighting because getting that right is a mongrel - You've nailed it with every other shot though dude.

The shots of Scare-glow and Trap-jaw are excellent man, the colours of Trap-jaw really stand out and the depth in Scare-glow's shots are sweet, I'd like to see you do some more depth experiments with the other figures too.
    As for the head choice?, I'd go with the 1st as the second looks too much like a Cliché Hairdresser IMO.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

I like the black background but everything you mentioned is why I stopped using it. I use a piece of glass for reflection and it shows up way too much on the black background.

I really don't like the warm white look of the pictures. I am fairly confident it is because of the lighting I am using. I have some cool white fluro globes on the way so hopefully it fixes that issue.

As for the heads, I liked the 2nd head because of the cliché
    But the first head is winning out for me.

Here are some more depth photos I tried during the same photoshoot;

came up with these after having a play around

i really loving the black backgrounds so i might have to make a black box

Great pics Loop.

I have been playing around with my camera again today, trying different settings and lighting.

Here are the results;

Nice pics guys!

Patience with the various camera settings and adjustments pays off.

Here's my contribution for tonight (I'm not that happy with the results, but I cbf going back to re-take them, so they'll have to do):

50mm f/6.3 1/3sec ISO800

50mm f/20 4sec ISO800
    Last edited by Vector Prime; 21st August 2011 at 08:03 PM. Reason: added metadata

Default Subject: Universe Hound

Took some pics tonight with a lower ISO (as suggested by jena) - hope you guys like them!

60mm f/11 2.5sec ISO200

60mm f/11 2.5sec ISO200

60mm f/11 4sec ISO200

Man those shots are silky smooth!