Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SDCC 2014 Exclusive 'Knights of Unicron' Set

Default SDCC 2014 Exclusive 'Knights of Unicron' Set

From TFW2005.com:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...nicron-180202/

------------------------------

Are you ready to rock out with your zebra-striped bot out?

In an Entertainment Tonight exclusive story, the Transformers San Diego Comic Con exclusive for 2014 has been revealed to be an 80's Hair Metal Band themed box set named the "Knights of Unicron". The box set redecos Fall of Cybertron Optimus Prime and "Smooth Jazz", War For Cybertron Megatron and Soundwave, and Animated Laserbeak and Ratbat in 80's Hair Metal Band deco (complete with wigs, microphones, and armbands.)

Dated September 17, 1984, imagine you were there for the band's "One Night Only" reunion gig at Iacon Stadium on Cybertron. Sold Out, of course!

In honor of the 30th anniversary of the Transformers brand, this Special Edition collector's set transformers your favorite characters -- Optimus Prime, Megatron, Smooth Jazz and Soundwave -- as you've never seen them before: hard-rockin' robots in the universe's greatest band, the Knights of Unicron! Also joining the tour are Laserbeak, who converts into a note-shredding electric guitar, and Ratbat, who converts into the funkiest keytar this side of Cybertron.

The Transformers 30th Anniversary Tour Edition Action Figure Set is packaged in a concert-cool "roadie case," packed with special edition posters, stickers, a concert ticket, All-Access VIP pass, and tell-all history booklet depicting the journey of the Knights of Unicron, from their humble beginnings and formation to their stellar hits and "look" (glam rock deco, metal band hair), band infighting (the titanic egos that once tore them apart), and triumphant return to the stage. With KISS and Iron Maiden-inspired album art (and perhaps a little Spinal Tap thrown in for good measure), the Knights record Look What the Bot Dragged In features such smirk-inducing tune names as Circuit Breaker, Laser Phaser and Rust Without You. (Ages: 8 & up/Approx. Retail Price: $184.99)

The set will be available at Booth #3329 at Comic-Con International in San Diego, as well as Hasbro Toy Shop.

------------------------------

To summarize - it's a boxset of FoC Megatron, Optimus Prime, Jazz, and Soundwave done up as a metal hair band. With hair. And some TFA instrument beasts.

I'd mirror pics but my Photobucket is still phucket.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Just saw them on Facebook. I'd want them, but not at the scalpers prices. The guy at the collectors fair would try and hock it for $600 easy.

I really want this set, but the price tag is too much for me to afford, but if it's not a popular set it will most definitely go down in price overtime.

Hasbro, you keep using the statement "In honor of the 30th anniversary of the Transformers brand", I do not think it means what you think it means.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

I actually had to think twice about whether it was april fools day when I read this

These look ridiculous. Look more like something from a gay Mardi Gras.

The bit I don't really understand is why Entertainment Tonight is covering comic book convention exclusive Transformer toys?

Also, how funny would it have been if the Knights vs Pirates theme from BotCon, had actually been these Knights fighting Cannonball et al.

I kind of like it, they've even got microphones, the asking price is a bit high but otherwise I think it's a pretty cool concept. I wish they'd had someone on a drumkit, that would have made almost any price worth my time.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    Hasbro, you keep using the statement "In honor of the 30th anniversary of the Transformers brand", I do not think it means what you think it means.
    i agree i dont think they have handled the 30th anniversary very well at all
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I saw Optimus and thought it was some Ultimate Warrior tribute. Close enough.

But it's my kind of stupid, just not $400 worth of stupid.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.