Page 450 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 430440445446447448449450451452453454455460470 ... LastLast
Results 4,491 to 4,500 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    In the US versions, the instructions were just on the back of the package (and were different, in that they called Cheetor a cheetah and Tigatron a tiger, [wasp/bee, etc.]) Since we never got the 'repainted' deluxe wave at all, I don't know if there was a specific European instruction sheet for that wave or not. Sorry! (By the way, Hursti, I shipped your rocks on Friday, so hopefully they should arrive early next week.)
    Yeah, that was my understanding that the U.S. versions only had their card backs to go off of where as the EU/UK versions (Including Australia) did indeed have separate instruction sheets; so we didn't receive any of the repainted deluxes did we?, well that will certainly make things a little harder...

As always, thanks for your knowledgeable input SS and cheers for the heads up on my Rocks being posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    With regards to figures that were repaints in Beast Wars, i.e. Cheetor/Tigatron - Waspinator/Buzzsaw or Tarantulas/Blackarachnia, did said figures receive individualised instruction sheets or did they simply have their contemporary's instructions included?
    I've got the instruction sheets for Dinobot, Waspinator and Tarantulas, but sadly none of their repainted counterparts so I'm no help at all I'm afraid Hursty.

I can, however, speculate. The characters name only appears on the front, it's never mentioned amongst the instructions. So if they were to release instructions it would only need a change to one thing on the sheet.

Wish I could be of more help mate.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    so we didn't receive any of the repainted deluxes did we?, well that will certainly make things a little harder...
    Yeah. Basically Beast Wars ended up being really popular, so much so Hasbro AU had difficulties sourcing more figures from Hasbro UK - who had supplied them up until that point - and had to source direct from US. They were about 6-8 months ahead though, so we missed out on the entire second half of the first yesr (ie: Blackarachnia, Tigatron, Retrax, Grimlock, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    I've got the instruction sheets for Dinobot, Waspinator and Tarantulas, but sadly none of their repainted counterparts so I'm no help at all I'm afraid Hursty.

I can, however, speculate. The characters name only appears on the front, it's never mentioned amongst the instructions. So if they were to release instructions it would only need a change to one thing on the sheet.

Wish I could be of more help mate.
    Hmm, that's cool man; it's just that in that lot of paperwork I got there were some doubles, some clearly doubles but others I wasn't so sure, but being aware that the US tend to dumb things down I wasn't sure if they'd go so far as to do similar things in UK/EU.

I've made a list of what I've got so far and whilst it's quite a bit it's still not complete...

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    Yeah. Basically Beast Wars ended up being really popular, so much so Hasbro AU had difficulties sourcing more figures from Hasbro UK - who had supplied them up until that point - and had to source direct from US. They were about 6-8 months ahead though, so we missed out on the entire second half of the first yesr (ie: Blackarachnia, Tigatron, Retrax, Grimlock, etc).
    Ah! - That explains why, when I was a kid, my mate and I had seen various figures on the backing cards that just didn't exist anywhere around where we lived (I learnt later that it was because we missed some but I didn't know the reasons as to why ); he even got his relo's in VICy to have a look but alas...

It's a sort of double-edged sword/back-handed compliment with Beast Wars being so popular that we missed out on certain figures locally, I'm glad we had some though as it was a massive buzz back in the day when your favourite toy/cartoon came back from the dead.

Cheers Seraphim.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    We didn't miss Retrax - he was a shelfwarmer (and shellformer) here. The rest is 100% accurate. The other toys we missed were non-VHS-Airazor, Claw Jaw, Drill Bit, Lazorbeak, Non-VHS-Razorclaw, Bonecrusher, Cybershark I, Buzz Saw, Jetstorm, Manterror, Transquito and B'Boom (who is an abosolutely awesome toy.)

A list of Beast Wars toys we got and missed can be found here. It tracked our toy releases here since Beast Wars... anything before that, you'd need to look at dirge's site.

I've heard that there are 2 different versions of TF Prime Cliffjumper and Bumblebee, what are the differences?

I noticed that TakaraTOMY's TF Prime Bumblebee - packaged in robot mode - has the two lower breast panels lowered down. I wonder if this means that TakaraTOMY actually fixed that problem on the Hasbro version where it's nigh impossible to lower them (or if once you lock them up they can't come down again).

Isn't Takara BB more of an orangey-yellow compared to the Hasbro release too? In terms of new molds, I think there was a pic floating around of the newer Cliff somewhere? Don't think anyone's seen the new BB yet.

I just made my first Prime order of Takara:
    -Prime
    -Bulk
    -Vehicon

Probably didn't need to buy the Takara version of the last one but eh, I haven't bought any Transformers for ages really. My wallet is reeling from the shock!

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    I've heard that there are 2 different versions of TF Prime Cliffjumper and Bumblebee, what are the differences?
    The two Bumblebees were discussed here. Basically two guns on wave 1, only one gun in preview wave, and different neck and stomach.

and there's pics of the three Cliffjumpers here. Preview and the redeco are the same, wave 1 has different legs and arms, a weapon and possibly other changes.

Of course things could change again by the time Wave 1 comes out. There's some speculation those photos of wave 1 could be earlier prototypes.