Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade sets for devy UW/CW

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Rk has theirs now, is also at $60 mark but shipping may end up higher.

just read over on tfw2005 ... someone posted an update from TFsource re: Dr Wu Mixer (aka Mixmaster) figure, that it's been cancelled

such a bummer, I was considering that for my TT Dev too

Quote Originally Posted by Initial_G View Post
    just read over on tfw2005 ... someone posted an update from TFsource re: Dr Wu Mixer (aka Mixmaster) figure, that it's been cancelled

such a bummer, I was considering that for my TT Dev too
    Because I don't see any development and it was only talk, I knew it was not going to happen.

Collectors drift has gotten dna in. Total price $72 shipped to me in wa .

Mine DNA kit arrived in the mail from TF Source yesterday. Pretty impressed so far.

The new cab for Mix Master looks good. A little fiddly on the transform, but nothing too bad. Did have a part come off, but luckily it was just on a simple metal pin and I could slide it back on.

I need to get batteries for the new head and try to figure how to get the original head off. You can parts form it if you don't want to remove the original, but I'd rather not. I do like the snarling faceplate and will use that as my default.

Shoulders are good and solid with a good range of movement and forearms look nice, but the increased fore arm bulk foes lead to elbow droop. Plus the original shoulder joint on Scavenger does occasionally move a little, shame there is nothing to secure it a little more tightly. Gun holds tightly on it's peg in the hand.

Overall pretty happy with the DNA kit. With this set, Dr Wu's crane extension and Reprolabels, Devastator is looking pretty menacing.

For me I am happy to parts forming the head as I don't have the time or let alone forming devy and put into my display.

Can't wait for dna set to arrive.

Qn about Hook's crane, I know you can get Dr Wu DW-P28 which allow for the crane to be extended.

Does anyone know of any 3P/Shapeways crane that would allow for the crane to be collapsed/retracted more? so that it's shorter in robot/combined form?

I find it really annoyingly long in bot & combined forms ... currently just keep parts forming it >_>

Just done up dna upgrade . It's not perfect but best value for money.

For everyone who grabbed a kit, how are you finding the new forearms and their weight? from what I can read/watch it seems like all the new options are just a bit too heavy for the existing joints. I think the Shadow Fisher version actually comes with a new screw for Bonecrusher to make that a bit more sturdy but Scavenger misses out because it is a pin and not very easily fixed apparently.

It seems annoying in a way that with all the options available, none for me personally include everything that you want hehe. I don't really want to pay ~$150 or more to buy various kits and have leftovers from all of them!

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post

It seems annoying in a way that with all the options available, none for me personally include everything that you want hehe. I don't really want to pay ~$150 or more to buy various kits and have leftovers from all of them!
    But think how awesome your Devastator would be! (your bank balance not so much)
    Spiderken Away!