Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Scathing Review for Hasbro 25th prime

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Hasbro, keeping knockoff makers in business
    well its a real shame when the knock off is of better quality.

Hmmm makes me wanna buy an Encore one. Didnt know the encore had the big fat gun I was looking for plus a silver roller and more darker hues not KOey paintjob like the 25th. Pass on the 25th as well. They #^^%$ again with the freaking long missles!!! then stubbles for smokestacks, KOey color paint, common variant gun, even the extra add ons are not a saving grace for it at all.

There isn't even a Matrix which SHOULD've been the primary Add-on to the basic figure.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Hmmm makes me wanna buy an Encore one. Didnt know the encore had the big fat gun I was looking for plus a silver roller and more darker hues not KOey paintjob like the 25th. Pass on the 25th as well. They #^^%$ again with the freaking long missles!!! then stubbles for smokestacks, KOey color paint, common variant gun, even the extra add ons are not a saving grace for it at all.
    ahh come on..how can you pass on prime! *hehe*

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    lol

You can when you've got too many of the same figure... (How many G1 Primes have you got now Icy? )

Dissapointing- I was looking forward to this one.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn
    I agree that every G1 TF collector ought to have some version of the original 1984 Optimus Prime - but I've never been impressed with any of the Hasbro reissues of this mould. Especially when they cost more than the Takara reissues too. The first TRU Hasbro reissue of Prime was basically the same price as Takara's 2000 reissue - despite the fact that the value of the Australian Dollar was even weaker than it is right now!

The newtered smoke-stacks and oversized missiles alone made me and many other fans spit chips... but it seems like the 25th Prime is just adding insult to injury. They've actually succeeded in taking a gelato reissue and making it more gelato!

After this its very hard to argue that Hasbro takes pride in its releases. However what I don't understand is the obsession which bright fluro type colors. Why does Hasbro Prime need to be always that Pinkish red? The DVD MP Prime had that color too. I can't believe that this color would be any cheaper than the traditional red so its just a stupid decision.

The comparative shots between 25th Prime and Encore Convoy are remarkable...

Left: Encore, Right: 25th

Left: 25th, Right: Encore

...and the paint apps. on the head looks sloppy (and gives a "KO" appearance). Here's Seibertron's close-up of 25th Prime's head, note the yellow 'bleeding' outside the eyes

Here's a pic I took of my 2000 Takara reissue Convoy - cleaner paint app (I imagine Encore Convoy's would be of similar quality)

Hmmm. 25th Prime appears vermilion. Even reissue Tackle wasn't vermilion!

The colour of Roller needs to be taken in context - many Prime toys down the years have come with a blue Roller toy. But the vermilion shade is... difficult to defend.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Weren't they going to start using the Anime accurate head from iPodimus? Or do we just haveta buy that version and Encore convoy for the accurate trailer AND 25th anniversary Optimus for the lighty flashy Autobot symbol thingy if we want a decent 25th Anniversary toy?

Oh wait. That's the scam isn't it?