Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > News > Soundwave's Global News

Sightings/Sales

Old 7th January 2013, 01:07 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Default Year of the Snake toy images

As the Chinese New Year approaches, the two YOTS Transformers toys aren't too far from being released... especially as in-hand images have now been released by a fan-site.

Omega Supreme

Optimus Prime

Both are from the Energon series, and can combine. Omega Supreme has some mould changes, to make it look more like the War For Cybertron/Gen1 character (with the claw arm and head).
Old 7th January 2013, 01:58 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Omega's colours look good, but isn't the head a bit small? (My Energon Omega Supreme's been headless for a long while so I forget if that's normal or not.)
Old 7th January 2013, 02:13 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I am tempted by the Omega due to looks even though I have been universally told that it's a crappy mold.
Old 7th January 2013, 02:43 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Paulbot: yeah, the head does looks smaller. Don't know if the new head transforms though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kup View Post
I am tempted by the Omega due to looks even though I have been universally told that it's a crappy mold.
The whole toy is essentially a Mega Pretender shell for Fatimus Prime. Having said that, this is a very nice looking redeco of a crap mould. I'm not convinced by it though... no matter how they redeco it, it's still going to fundamentally suck. A redecoed Corahda or Night Viper would've been more fitting and cheaper. I'm not going out of my way to get this toy... only if the opportunity to get one at a relatively cheap price comes my way.
Old 7th January 2013, 03:13 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I might wait until it goes down a teeny weeny bit. So it's basically a shellformer?
Is it very heavy?
Visually it looks great and I really want one, but some of the reviews I'm hearing...
Old 7th January 2013, 04:53 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Wait a shell former? I don't get it?

My experience of the Omega Supreme mold (before I sold the old one) is that is basically made up of a weird space train, and a square battleship who both look like half a robot lying sideways. Stand them up and connect them add the head (it's separate) and presto you have a big robot.

While I admit the new head, arm and non mismatched colour scheme do improve the look of this mold, it's never going to be much fun to transform or look good in alt mode.
Old 7th January 2013, 07:54 PM
Rank 1 - New/Inactive

Those are both fantastic looking toys. I really want that Prime.
Old 7th January 2013, 08:53 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
I might wait until it goes down a teeny weeny bit. So it's basically a shellformer?
A Pretender Shell and a Shellformer are two entirely different things. Here, read these links:
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Pretender
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Mega_Pretender
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Shellformer

Energon Omega Supreme is more like (IMHO) a Mega Pretender shell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
My experience of the Omega Supreme mold (before I sold the old one) is that is basically made up of a weird space train, and a square battleship who both look like half a robot lying sideways. Stand them up and connect them add the head (it's separate) and presto you have a big robot.
Yep... pretty much. So like a Mega Pretender shell it has a pretty underwhelmingly craptastic transformation, but in the humanoid mode it's purpose is to house a small Transformer on the inside - in Omega Supreme's case, Fatimus Prime. Here's what Omega Supreme looks like when Mega Pretender Shelling Fatimus.

Did you also have the Power Rangers theme song running in your head when you looked at that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
While I admit the new head, arm and non mismatched colour scheme do improve the look of this mold, it's never going to be much fun to transform or look good in alt mode.
^Exactly this. No redeco or repaint can really "uncrappify" a poor toy. If I didn't already own Energon Omega Supreme, I'd happily splash out on this toy to add to my Classicsverse collection. But I already have the Energon mould, and I can't justify getting it again.
Old 7th January 2013, 09:20 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Yeah, I think I used the term wrong. I was trying to say a shell that's hollow, etc.
Old 8th January 2013, 03:36 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I think he'll fit well with my classics figures. Think I'll end up getting him if I see him locally.