View Poll Results: How do you rate the FOC game?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

28 65.12%
  • Good

10 23.26%
  • Passable

3 6.98%
  • Terrible

2 4.65%
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Review - Fall of Cybertron

Biggest mistake I made was playing through on HARD first... Shouldn't have done that, made several parts really frustrating.

I found the end fight utterly annoying too, an almost totally different gameplay style. Which I had to play through twice (sorta).

Mostly it was enjoyable. Buggy on PC tho.

Big improvement over WfC, especially now that transforming actually makes a difference.

Seems odd that I couldn't play as Shockwave, and it didn't show him replacing his arm. Was too close to the end of the game I guess.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
    At first i was annoyed about that as well, but i actually think is was a good idea to remove it, it is almost like cheating to be able to jump ahead to a checkpoint, plus having to play through the level again from start to finish means you get to enjoy high moon's hard work in developing this game and its campaign just a bit longer
    Once I find the item I just exit the chapter, no need to finish it

You can adjust the difficulty level throughout the game, i.e. you don't have to stick with the same level of difficulty throughout the entire campaign. I started on normal/medium but found it too hard (yes, I suck at games, I know ), so I switched it to easy and continued from where I'd paused the game. The campaign won't reset or anything if you adjust difficulty level.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    You can adjust the difficulty level throughout the game, i.e. you don't have to stick with the same level of difficulty throughout the entire campaign. I started on normal/medium but found it too hard (yes, I suck at games, I know ), so I switched it to easy and continued from where I'd paused the game. The campaign won't reset or anything if you adjust difficulty level.
    Thats becoming a fairly regular practise in games now. I see it of a way that the makers can still have people experience the story without much challenge. Good idea IMO, but not an option I'd personally use. Being old skool an all

Good Game's review (for anyone who may have missed Tuesday's ep)

Bajo and Hex were rapped about the game. Both gave high scores.

I get an error with that link. This one works for me.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Not really into 3rd person shoot em ups, but this game is pretty damn awesome. A lot of fun. Enjoying it far more than WFC

Finished all the Campaign tophies (except hard & normal trophies - I played the last chapter on "hard" setting, but it didn't unlock the hard trophy, so looks like it didn't have the same glitch as WFC... teaches me to try cheating )
    Hard setting is just about right, as it was suitably frustrating for a couple sections, but with persistence, it was possible to work out a strategy to get past it.

So I a quick try of Escalation before taking a little break... and damn, it's a lot harder than WFC... and with FOC you have to reach wave 15 4 times to get the 4 trophies (WFC was just once).
    I tried it out as a single player (which it allows for), but doesn't look like one would get far, like it was easy to in WFC. Wave 3 was as far as I could get, before I kept getting over-run by the tougher "shot gunners".

A lot less places to take cover, and a lot more attackers in the first wave than in WFC. I'm guessing that a strategy would require people grouping together to cover each others' backs.
    Not sure where the "extra teamwork requirement" comes into this one, as unlocking things didn't seem any different to WFC.

I miss having two special abilities, especially cloaking (to give time to relocate and/or refresh). This version of Escalation will instead require people to learn to master the four different types of robot & abilities, as it was easy to select preferred abilities/modes in WFC.

I've already been reading people saying that they've completed all achievements already... and looking at the leaderboards on PS3 Multiplayer & Escalation, some people have already spent 2-4 DAYS (50+ hours) of play time online, after only about 10 (24 hour) days of it being released. That's a lot of time committed to a single element of a single game.

Yea some of the levels are difficult on hard, I had to change my strategy of "running in guns blazing" to a more tactical "take pot shots and run away" Cliffs level where you have defend the bomb was quite difficult to do on Hard as well I might add.

I played a bit of online the other day, and I get annihilated by people with higher ranks on their characters. Maybe I'm just crap