Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Toys 'R' Us Australia goes into administration

Other is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Apparently VIP points are now Void and can't be accrued or spent. I'm glad I spent mine when I brought some stuff a weeks ago, a shame I'm not getting the points from the Lego Ninjago City I brought using the coupon code on Friday(RIP In Peace those 400-odd points, you could've have saved me an extra 4 bucks)

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    Payment was in full on the credit card at time of order.
    Dang.
    I really hope that you guys get your money back as a store voucher at the very least.
    If TRU hasn't paid TakTom a deposit for the orders then in administration, that money isn't likely to be available now.
    This is really unfortunate.
    Start keeping a document trail as evidence for your chargebacks should it end up in that direction.

In the event that TRU are unable to fulfil, I'd assume that someone with the Premium Collectables-experience in chargebacks might have some guidance.
    Unfortunately, a lot of us do have that experience.
    Should anyone require advice for Bankwest chargebacks, I'll be happy to help point you in the right direction.

and remained polite with Nathan while I had him on the line. It's got to be a shitty week for them all there and I didn't want to make his day any worse than it already is.
    And I guarantee you he appreciated your politeness.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    And I guarantee you he appreciated your politeness.
    One of my jobs is working in retail and I can't tell you how many people want to you to think an issue is that staff member's individual fault.

Given this case, where they're probably fielding a number of calls from people with a variety of issues, I figure pointing out I was polite was probably a point worth making - unless I misread your emoticon!

One of the PC threads talked about chargebacks after missed delivery dates. The TRU email specifically mentions Pre-order for October delivery, so hopefully that will assist, even if no-one has a copy of the item page online.

Also, I was offered merchandise (of my choice) worth the price I paid, but given the interim of not having an update on the actual item in question, I declined. Well aware I'm rolling the dice on the $120, but figured it was worth a shot.

I'd be going straight for the chargeback route. Highly unlikely the pre-order will be honoured or refunded.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    My apologies in regard to baby bunting, although I am sure that another major baby chain did shut down recently.

I think opening all the new TRU stores in ex Masters buildings has probably hurt them too, it cost alot to fit out and supply all these new stores that are a fair way from their competitors and that cost an extra 20% than the normal toy prices at big w and kmart. Their saving grace should've been a wider range, but it always seems that they have the same old stock for a long time and only a smattering of new stuff that goes quickly, leaving the old wave one stuff behind. (The Tf Movie affect!)
    Another baby chain - Bubs Baby Shops - which operated in QLD and NSW went into liquidation in late 2017.

I also found TRU lacked regular restocks of lines such as Marvel Legends. They always have the same old figures shelf-warming. Restocking of LEGO products seemed pretty frequent, though. Recently they dropped the regular price of smaller LEGO $15.99 (RRP) sets to $12.99 which was surprising but welcome.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    I'd be going straight for the chargeback route. Highly unlikely the pre-order will be honoured or refunded.
    Same here, I'm not going to be screwing around this time, and this time its paypal that'll be doing the heavy lifting, just need to dig into my history.

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    It's disappointing from TRU to put the preorder up in the first place knowing their financial position at the time & TRU's October release date.

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I think part of TRU's problem in Australia is nearly all of their stores are remote to shopping centres. I can only think of the Parramatta store when trying to think of one that's inside a westfield or similar. all the others (Moore Park, Bankstown, Castle HIll) are in home maker centres.
    It's a different picture for VIC. Werribee, Highpoint, Northland, Chadstone, Doncaster, Knox & Fountain Gate are in shopping centres.

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
    Note if you have a gift voucher for TRU as its in administration you must spend the equivalent of the value of the card in cash to be able to claim the value of said card.
    The rage is blowing up on social media.