Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Toys 'R' Us Australia goes into administration

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

...the paypal site is buggy and won't even try the resolution center, contacting them (because of the limited assortment fields) gave me "oh the faq would be better" and I can't even respond to the email they sent me because that's buggy too!

*table flip*

Why do I have to ring these people all the time to fix their rubbish damnit already nearly smashed my phone last time trying to fix the last time something like this, it can barely txt let alone make calls.

EDIT:WHEW I tried it in chrome (which I detest, don't ask) and while still buggy (couldn't enter the product type) I managed to put my claim through, will update if any hassle happen, but I made it clear if the site can allow for cancellations but they send you an email instead saying nope that isn't right, that and the whole 2 month period from asia to australia, could be fishy, dunno but using that)

How would you go about a chargeback for Shadow Panther if you paid via afterpay?
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    It's disappointing from TRU to put the preorder up in the first place knowing their financial position at the time & TRU's October release date.
    I reckon only the very higher ups would have been aware of this potential outcome. Heck, my local TRU at Shellharbour is currently undergoing a refurb - talk about money wasted!

Galvatran Guest

Now that TRU Oz has been placed in administration & potentially heading down the same path as TRU US, are people hoping / looking forward to a fire sale like in the US? If so, what items are you eyeing off?

Administration doesn't guarantee that the business is going to be shut down... it is just a high probability, as Administrators don't have much patience when it comes to finding a buyer. Their priority is seeing that investors (banks, etc) get their money back fast... and it can be easier to break up the business and sell off all of the assets, than find a buyer and go through a lengthy red-tape process.

As it were, this situation only occurred because a buyer pulled out, so there could be other interested parties.... we just have to wait for the first announcements of intentions by the Administrators.

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    In the event that TRU are unable to fulfil, I'd assume that someone with the Premium Collectables-experience in chargebacks might have some guidance. As I understand it, all orders for Shadowpanther have it listed as a pre-order for October delivery in the order receipt
    Likely such drastic measures wont need to be taken considering that we're dealing with a professional toy company rather then a scamming thief, but yes if it comes to that all the info one might possibly need can be found in the active PC complaints thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    How would you go about a chargeback for Shadow Panther if you paid via afterpay?
    Contact Afterpay, there is a page on their site that deals with undelivered goods (https://help.afterpay.com/hc/en-au/a...aged-goods-AUS) that sounds like once the order is approved they wash their hands of things and wont help out, but this situation might be different enough that they will do something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    If so, what items are you eyeing off?
    Buy all the Transformers!

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    After requesting (through their call system) a callback, Nathan called me back.

I provided my order number and enquired about the process from here. He advised that refunds weren't possible (which we knew already) and went to discuss the matter with some team other team members while I was placed on hold.

Prior to that, I advised him that I am a member of an online forum that would have a number of other people in my position and I would update them accordingly.

Upon returning to the call, Nathan advised that they do not know what is going to happen yet.

I've requested further information when it comes to hand. My details have been taken and I was advised it might be a few weeks.

All of that is, IMHO, a reasonable response in a shit situation.

I'd advise you all to contact auscustomerservice@toysrus.com.au with your order details, requesting an update in due course.

If/when I hear of anything, I'll update here as well.

In the event that TRU are unable to fulfil, I'd assume that someone with the Premium Collectables-experience in chargebacks might have some guidance. As I understand it, all orders for Shadowpanther have it listed as a pre-order for October delivery in the order receipt.

If so, I'd suggest raising that in due course to your bank once we find out what TRU are doing on it.

Hope that helps.

I didn't mention OTCA (other than the generic "an online forum" description) and remained polite with Nathan while I had him on the line. It's got to be a shitty week for them all there and I didn't want to make his day any worse than it already is.
    You're good people.

Quote Originally Posted by Other View Post
    Apparently VIP points are now Void and can't be accrued or spent. I'm glad I spent mine when I brought some stuff a weeks ago, a shame I'm not getting the points from the Lego Ninjago City I brought using the coupon code on Friday(RIP In Peace those 400-odd points, you could've have saved me an extra 4 bucks)
    I am so happy that I used all on my points on Studio Series Grimlock.

As much as TRU has faults, I think loosing it would be sad-they do have a good LEGO and Thomas and Friends range (other collections I dabble in), and are at least equally as good re: stock as every retailer--however they have far more range in toys generally than any other store, and my experience is that they care far more than Kmart/Target/Big W etc. employees when asking about specific items.

Here's hoping with some sensible decisions (e.g. no random picks online, stores controlling stock instead of head office) they can pick back up...

I just received an email that all online orders will be processed as normal.

Needless to say, I have my doubts with this order and am now seeking confirmation, explicitly mentioning the timeframes involved and the product in question.

Will update accordingly.