Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Toys 'R' Us Australia goes into administration

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    One of my jobs is working in retail and I can't tell you how many people want to you to think an issue is that staff member's individual fault.

Given this case, where they're probably fielding a number of calls from people with a variety of issues, I figure pointing out I was polite was probably a point worth making - unless I misread your emoticon!
    no you read it right, I worked in retail (supermarket) for 4 years, it's not the easiest job in the world by any stretch.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    no you read it right, I worked in retail (supermarket) for 4 years, it's not the easiest job in the world by any stretch.
    Amen, being in hospitality for 6 years (and counting), people being nice will change everything-I've broken company policy to help out nice customers where I can, but if you're going to be nasty, I'll just refer you to head office

Quote Originally Posted by Dimi194 View Post
    Amen, being in hospitality for 6 years (and counting), people being nice will change everything-I've broken company policy to help out nice customers where I can, but if you're going to be nasty, I'll just refer you to head office
    Been working in hospitality for 18 years. It's never any easier, even less when you're a manager. Because even then you can't them where to go. *tiny rant*
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Along with contacting paypal for a dispute (pending) I also emailed them to see what they said, this also applies to credit card users

Hi hYpNoS,

Apologies for the inconvenience. I do understand your concerns and can offer three options:

The first option would be to contact your Paypal/bank directly and process a claim for funds, this would be the quickest way to receive your refund. Alternatively we can process a replacement order on your behalf of item/s of similar value, in replacement of the pre-order. The third option is to provide your details to our administrators, who will contact you with a Proof of Debt Request Form and review the refund from there.
    So there you have it, don't just wait for them to get the money back

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    Along with contacting paypal for a dispute (pending) I also emailed them to see what they said, this also applies to credit card users

So there you have it, don't just wait for them to get the money back
    Well done for sharing this. Yes, getting a refund through PayPal or your bank is really the only way. That last option is a definite no-no, you would be lucky to get a few cents in the dollar back.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Well done for sharing this. Yes, getting a refund through PayPal or your bank is really the only way. That last option is a definite no-no, you would be lucky to get a few cents in the dollar back.
    I made mistakes before, not doing those again, plus despite paypal's current bugs its a far easier process and thus accessible option for me to chase these up.

A shame it came to this, no matter, plenty of other retailers still alive to take my money once more

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    The problem is when you've worked in it, pride yourself on your customer service, even when it costs you easy sales, and then expect that same thing from everyone you deal with. You know that old saying of "doctor's make the worst patients"? Well I honestly think it also applies to people in retail who pride themselves on going the extra mile for customers. LEL

Lodged a dispute with CBA today. Will advise of updates (if anyone's interested).

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    Lodged a dispute with CBA today. Will advise of updates (if anyone's interested).
    ah no confidence with TRU?

i'm contemplating whether to dispute with paypal or take the risk mmm

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    ah no confidence with TRU?

i'm contemplating whether to dispute with paypal or take the risk mmm
    Figure it's worth chasing up now.