Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Toys 'R' Us Australia goes into administration

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Update on paypal's handling of the case

Dear hYpNoS,

We have completed our investigation of your Buyer Complaint and, as per the seller's request, have issued a refund for the amount of the transaction below.

[REDACTED]

Any portion of your original payment that was funded with your credit card has been refunded directly to that credit card. The credit to your credit card should take two to three business days to post, and may not be immediately reflected in your card balance.
    Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

Thank you,

Protection Services Department
    TRU are willing to comply it seems.

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    It's a different picture for VIC. Werribee, Highpoint, Northland, Chadstone, Doncaster, Knox & Fountain Gate are in shopping centres.
    Visited Fountain Gate for the first time yesterday ... and found out TRU was located separate to the main shopping complex. Bit of a walk too.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    Visited Fountain Gate for the first time yesterday ... and found out TRU was located separate to the main shopping complex. Bit of a walk too.
    That's like the one out at Erina Fair in nsw, part of a shopping center but separate.

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    That's like the one out at Erina Fair in nsw, part of a shopping center but separate.
    It's a double edged sword. Lease is relatively cheaper but less foot traffic too.

TRU Fountain Gate was dead quiet yesterday. And they had a security staff which adds to the overall cost of doing business.

I received the following email this morning.

We regret to inform you that unfortunately we are not able to fulfil your Toys R Us Online Order for the following product, due to insufficient stock levels.
    - Transformers Takara Tomy MP-34S Shadow Panther

Toys “R” Us Australia have recently entered voluntary administration; therefore, a refund cannot be processed.

Please go to this link to read our full administration information https://www.toysrus.com.au/administr...ormation-2018/

We can however, offer for you to choose other items to the same value, on our website www.toysrus.com.au and we will process this at no further charge to you.

We can also provide your details to our creditors, who will contact you with a proof of debt form request.

The other alternative is to lodge a dispute with your bank for the amount charged on your credit card for this transaction.
    You will more than likely get your money back for the order we are unable to fulfil.

We understand your frustrations with this matter and sincerely do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Should you have any concerns regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 8697 787.

Last Friday, 25/05, I raised a dispute with my bank. I've forwarded this email to my bank just now.

Just got the same email. Pretty disappointed.
    The Masterpiece Cheetor mold is going to haunt my nightmares forever with how much of a pain it’s been getting Toys of it
    Now I gotta find somewhere else I can get a Shadow Panther from :/

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    I received the following email this morning.

We regret to inform you that unfortunately we are not able to fulfil your Toys R Us Online Order for the following product, due to insufficient stock levels.
    - Transformers Takara Tomy MP-34S Shadow Panther

Toys “R” Us Australia have recently entered voluntary administration; therefore, a refund cannot be processed.

Please go to this link to read our full administration information https://www.toysrus.com.au/administr...ormation-2018/

We can however, offer for you to choose other items to the same value, on our website www.toysrus.com.au and we will process this at no further charge to you.

We can also provide your details to our creditors, who will contact you with a proof of debt form request.

The other alternative is to lodge a dispute with your bank for the amount charged on your credit card for this transaction.
    You will more than likely get your money back for the order we are unable to fulfil.

We understand your frustrations with this matter and sincerely do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Should you have any concerns regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 8697 787.

Last Friday, 25/05, I raised a dispute with my bank. I've forwarded this email to my bank just now.
    What a shame, but at least they're being upfront and honest about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimi194 View Post
    What a shame, but at least they're being upfront and honest about it.
    So glad I cancelled my preorder a day after the preorder went up

So glad that I didn't pre-order

Toys R Us latest email newsletter tells us "All stores are still open!", "You can still shop 24/7 online!!" and they price match or you can buy now, pay later!