Page 20 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253040 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic book thread ON!

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jacksplatt11 View Post
    Really enjoy the Loeb and Sale partnership, I've only read 2 of their pieces of work, but I would pretty safely say I would enjoy anything they have put out

Currently reading Superman: Red Son, and then am going to read The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Vols 1 and 2
    Dark Victory is a must read then (and follow up to The Long Halloween).

LXG is great. Really entertaining reading. Hyde is such a sweet and funny guy! I've just finished League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Black Dossier.

Also recommended for comic readers would have to be the Brian Azzarello scribed 'Joker' graphic novel. Awesome story and more based on the Heath Ledger Joker.

Yep Digger, Dark Victory is on my list, I'll keep an eye out for this "Joker" too

North Melbourne-bot...?

I just read "Infinite Crisis"... wow. I'd love to see something like this done for Transformers. The closest we had was Transformers Armada's "World's Collide Saga" where Transformers from different multiverses crossed over etc., but it wasn't anywhere near on the epic scale as Infinite Crisis.

Now I need to read Crisis On Infinite Earths. (again, a story I've heard about but never read)

I'm not really much a DC reader... I just found this book in my school library and decided to borrow it. If they have Crisis On Infinite Earths I'll borrow that too.

Haha, Gok you started with the wrong one I've read Crisis but yeah, now I need to read Infinite, it's on my things to read list. You're right though, they are pretty epic

North Melbourne-bot...?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I just read "Infinite Crisis"... wow. I'd love to see something like this done for Transformers. The closest we had was Transformers Armada's "World's Collide Saga" where Transformers from different multiverses crossed over etc., but it wasn't anywhere near on the epic scale as Infinite Crisis.
    Crisis On Infinite Earths is far better than Infinite Crisis, although at the time (in the eighties) I hated it because it ruined my favourite non-Transformers comic, Infinity Inc. (Infinity Inc was set on Earth 2, where the first generation of super heroes had grown up, so the team included Batman and Catwoman's daughter, Superman's cousin, Wonder Woman's daughter and many others, all of which had to be retconned when DC streamlined their universe.) Furman was obviously a Crisis reader - much of what he did with Primus and Unicron in TFUK #150 and TFUS #75 was clearly descended from COIE.

Final Crisis just finished last week. It was... interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Final Crisis just finished last week. It was... interesting.
    As big "summer comic events" go, Secret Invasion won for me.

I probably should go back and re-read Final Crisis, but a lot of it just didn't make sense to me. But I think the most disappointing thing for me was waiting week after week for another part of Batman R.I.P. ... and it was all for nothing because his fate was revealed in the Final Crisis books.

Oh well, back to the stars for War of Kings (considering it's following on from Annihilation and Annihilation:Conquest, it's got a lot to live up to) and Blackest Night!

Finished reading Secret Invasion
    Currently reading MARVELS : EYE OF THE CAMERA

Great ARt by Leinil's fellow Filipino artist Jay Anacleto

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow
    I hated it because it ruined my favourite non-Transformers comic, Infinity Inc. (Infinity Inc was set on Earth 2,
    Oh man I share that pain. I still have the first 9-10 issues of Infinity Inc. and I always grab an All Star Squadron and Secret Society of Super Villains when I see them cheap. It was just as I was loving the whole infinite universe concept that the Crisis came and blew it all away!

Just finished Daredevil: Yellow. While I must say I did enjoy the storytelling and the art, I didn't quite enjoy the story, but that is more because I'm not the biggest Daredevil fan going around, to be honest I wouldn't call myself a Daredevil fan at all haha, but putting that aside it was a good read. STL and lcz informed me there is a Hulk: Grey and an upcoming Captain America: White so I'll definitely be checking those out.

Earlier I finished Superman: Red Son. Definitely a different version of a famous character. Wasn't my favourite read ever but very a very interesting concept, and overall I did enjoy it, but I can't see myself ever reading it again unlike some of my other favourite reads.

So, now to read League of Extraordinary Gentlemen? Or one STL's Xmen books I borrowed like Days of Future Past. Or, maybe my recently purchased Kingdom Come? Hmmm... Or maybe Superman VS Batman VS Alien VS Predator or some nonsense I found at the library haha, I don't have high hopes for that one...

North Melbourne-bot...?

I read that last one after borrowiing from the library. It's not really worth it, but those other books sure are.