Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the most you have spent on a TF ?

I once took BotCon Elita-1 to L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon, dinner and drinks came to around $500, but that's the sort of lady she is.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHandsomeCrab View Post
    I once took BotCon Elita-1 to L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon, dinner and drinks came to around $500, but that's the sort of lady she is.
    Lol

Hmm... I don't collect G1 so my purchases are nowhere near as expensive as those that do.... I probably spent $450 in one day on a couple of Universe Classic figures but that's about the limit for me.

I think HD or someone who collects MISB G1 would easily double the total of that (multiple figure) purchase with a single Fort Max

Quote Originally Posted by primatives View Post
    I dont know if there is a thread like this before but just wanted to know some crazy prices you've paid for Transformers
    Were you looking for this thread??

I probably spent close to US$200 getting all the accessories for my G1 Roadbuster. I only did that because I knew Roadbuster wouldn't be reissued, so wanted to get him complete.

Well, admittedly Scorponok $200, Swoop $250, Brave Max $700 was the most expensive. BUt if I think about it, coz their size and complete ( except for swoop of course, to me is reasonable. Prolly my most expensive yet I find unreasonable , still I went ahead to buy are all the parts to completethe tiniest gestalt of em all - Monstructor... more or less if I add up all the figs, and accessories cost would almost rival ,but a bit less, Brave Max... which I really find ludicrous on my part,now that I think about it...
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Prolly my most expensive yet I find unreasonable , still I went ahead to buy are all the parts to completethe tiniest gestalt of em all - Monstructor... more or less if I add up all the figs, and accessories cost would almost rival ,but a bit less, Brave Max... which I really find ludicrous on my part,now that I think about it...
    I like Monstructor, Monstructor is nice!

From what I can remeber, here's mine at the risk of being carted off to the lunatic asylum, behold the prices...

C114 - Fortress Maximus
    bought in 2008
    $1900

Liokaiser D329 to C334 individual boxes (all MISB except C329 Leozack)
    bought in 2007
    $1600

C311 - Grand Maximus (was MISB but opened by me)
    bought in 2004
    $1350

C328 - Victory Saber giftset (was MISB but opened by me)
    bought in 2001
    $900

The dates I bought them would probably explain why some are relatively more expensive than others.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    Broke the bank
    (for some reason, C-114 in Jap box is actually rarer than C-311, Grand Max, in box. Or maybe I fleeced myself)

Second most wallet-ripping
    (I dunno, I just like them as individual boxes because of the boxart)

Third most shattering

Fourth most damaging

C-114 FORTRESS MAXIMUS
    $2500.00 NZD

G1 SCORPONOK MIB/ absolutly mint/complete
    $700.00 NZD

G1 MENASOR GIFTSET/ absolutly mint/complete
    $500.00 NZD

Hehe now I dont feel as bad but compared to others I've spent only a fraction of some but then again I dont go out drinking all weekend partying or buying heaps of clothes so I guess thats where my money goes It also makes me happy I guess its the same as you guys as well

We've got quite a few new members since 2009 so I thought I'd give this old thread a bump.

Hmm, Not the most expensive I have bought by a long shot, but is the one that I think is least worth what I paid for.

Energon Fattimus Prime. $100 full retail.

For what? A vayoger sized fat ugly truck and a box. I thought his trailer at least would make a nice base mode. Nope.

It's sad that the original Lion Voltron toy is a better (same style) combiner than this guy, and Voltron was about 15 years earlier.