Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Info and Activities > Grapple's Creative Stuff

Sightings/Sales

Old 26th February 2018, 07:32 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Default Action Master customs - various

Just cos I can't seem to do one thing at a time, I'm working on a series of Action Master customs. They are a commission, based on an abandoned set (Botcon? Funpub? not sure). Starting here are the first 2, Optimus Prime and Gutcruncher, based on the TR voyager OP and Megatron moulds.

First, pics of the concept - not my work or idea, but here just to show what I'm aiming for.

I'm also using the Reprolabels set (stickers) and add-on parts orange smokestacks) from Reprolabels (Toyhax.com) for Prime. Also using a Clobber titan master for Gutcruncher's head. Not doing the associated titan master weapon thingys.

Both pieces present different challenges - OP has similar colours to the base mould and less colours overall, but some of the pieces are extremely convoluted and need masking like crazy, while the Megs mould has many many colours and the disassembly was a complete mongrel - all pins.

Here's the first initial coats of paint on the disassembled pieces:

I have made more progress since these pics were taken, so more pics to show as soon as I take 'em. Motoring through these guys. The whole set (around 10-12 figures I think?) should take the best part of the next year and a half in between/alongside other projects.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!
Old 26th February 2018, 07:55 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Eagerly await the seeing these
Old 27th February 2018, 12:59 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

looks like these are going to look great, you're nothing if not ambitious
And superbly skilled

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)
Old 27th February 2018, 05:49 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Definitely following this. These seem like very tricky customs, but like the buyer i think you can pull it off. And do it well.

Side ramble: I find it amazing that the leaders of both factions and their AM counterparts can be made from these 2 triplechangers.
Old 17th July 2018, 10:55 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

First 2 all done - Optimus Prime and Gutcruncher. Took longer than I anticipated - a back injury to my better half back in Feb really impeded my work flow and I have not been able to be as productive as I would have liked.

For OP, I went a little silly - lots of colours and detailing, including use of a Molotov chrome pen, which is awesome and so easy to use. For some of the red areas on OP, I contrasted the red of the truck grill and shoulder pieces by making them metallic rather than just straight red. I also ditched the plane wings (no plane mode needed) but I had to keep a piece of the rear fins (the engine part) as in truck mode, there was a big hole in the cab without it. Finished off with Reprolabels conversion set.

The commissioner also did his own photo shoot, which included a base mode (that I had not thought of at all). Photo of his used with permission.

Gutcruncher. Oh Gutcruncher. I will never, ever paint this mould again. Too many pins, too many friction points, too many headaches for me. There are some spots I painted and scratched and filed down and repainted and scratched again, ad nauseam, and a few places I just wasn't happy with. Overall though, he looks imposing, so that's a win (barely). Again, a few photos by the commissioner, used with permission, including the use of the yellow cannon over the shoulder, which I should have done for my shoot but didn't think of it. Also, base mode. I didn't put faction symbols on him (long story), but that's easily fixed by Reprolabels. I used some cut down stickers from a TR Blitzwing set to created the red stripes on the plane mode's nosecone.

Next one to come: Rumbler, maybe Sprocket or Jackpot, or something else. As yet undecided.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!
Old 18th July 2018, 04:39 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Both look really amazing
Old 18th July 2018, 08:34 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

WOW! Really impressive mate! Thanks for sharing, love your work

My Instagram Page

Ravagecat's New Toy Sale
Ravagecat's Accessory Sale
My Feedback Page