Page 6 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111626 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozmasters, The MOTU General Discussion Thread.

Still. Mekanenck.

Sadly I'm POP fan and haveta hang in till Glimmer is made at least but I think a few fans are gonna be jumping ship as soon this guy shows up.

I assume that some one has a Stinkor on their way to them, I'd be very interested in thoughts once he's in hand on well, his hands I really wanted Stinkor, being one of the two MOTU figures I owned as a kid, but was saddened by the for arm fiasco. I would like to know if it's as bad as I feel it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I assume that some one has a Stinkor on their way to them, I'd be very interested in thoughts once he's in hand on well, his hands I really wanted Stinkor, being one of the two MOTU figures I owned as a kid, but was saddened by the for arm fiasco. I would like to know if it's as bad as I feel it is.
    I have one on the way and I intend to get some white paint and attempt to correct the arms.

What kills me more is the down right lie from Scott about the reversed arms being intentional.

Pretty cool huh?

Got the paint and I am both anticipating and dreading the arrival of Stinkor.

I will be needing to remove his forearms and hands and attempt to paint over the white skunk stripe and repaint it on the other side...

The left is the original 4H design and the right is what Mattel did by 'purposely' reversing the arms. Pretty cool huh?

I'm not sure if I want to customise Stinkor when he gets here.

I did swap King Hiss' shoulders...but this seems like a bit more work....

I'm definately changing mine when it gets here. Changing the plastic around is just heat-pop-swap. I'm not sure how much painting I will be doing, especially since the joint in the shoulder is white and it shows in the black armpits.

I think I'd try to remove the black paint, Rather than cover it up, but great link Kup!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    I think I'd try to remove the black paint, Rather than cover it up, but great link Kup!
    Also it would make more sense to remove and switch the hands while the forearms are detached rather than at the end. I'm not sure if I'll be doing this or not - I'll decide once I have Stinkor in hand. I won't be doing any painting or unpainting though - I'd rather the stripe just be on the wrong side than have a home-painted toy.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    I did swap King Hiss' shoulders...but this seems like a bit more work....
    Did you follow a specific guide on how to do it? What's involved? Any tips?