Thread: Madman press-release for upcoming TFs DVDs

Default Madman press-release for upcoming TFs DVDs

I'd just sent them an email a few hours ago, before finding this press-release that has just been copied to Seibertron & TFW. There is nothing on Madman's website about this, so I'm not sure if that Film site at that link are the (only) source. (I guess Madman were only emailing the press-release to "important" websites )

MELBOURNE, Wednesday, 28 March 2012: Today, Madman Entertainment is proud to announce it has secured a new distribution deal with Hasbro Studios, the TV development and production division of Hasbro, Inc (NASDAQ: HAS) – the producer of hit series including Transformers: Prime, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, G.I. Joe: Renegades, Pound Puppies and more.

The first wave of Hasbro content, including Transformers: Prime and My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic will release in June, 2012.
    Not really news to us now though, as we found out about their upcoming TFPrime DVDs a few days ago (through other sources), but the date of this press-release would have been news if it were sent to us on that day..... I guess a Transformers Fansite isn't where they want to promote their Transformers Products...

(Here's hoping they still reply to my email, asking for more details on upcoming TFs DVDs - because they didn't reply to my last email)

Interesting that Madman got the rights. Should meant that once all the single dvd's (with the 3-4 episodes each) get released, there should be Season sets released as well.

Not good to hear about the lack of communication, they used to be very good (and prompt) with responses about upcoming releases and property acquisitions, and they were really helpful when they were releasing the Headmaster-Victory sets on DVD.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

hopeing they bring out a all in one blu ray here, even though it will be expensive...
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I guess a Transformers Fansite isn't where they want to promote their Transformers Products...

(Here's hoping they still reply to my email, asking for more details on upcoming TFs DVDs - because they didn't reply to my last email)
    They used to Sponsor TAAU didn't they? Maybe they think that is the only and main Australian TF source.

Realistically, our readership wouldn't account for much in their sales, so it would make more sense to promote their products to a higher traffic site that covers all their genres... not just a single franchise like we do.

It still bugs me that they never respond to any of my emails, when using the contact email they have listed on their website... so I 'spose I'm a little more critical than I should be.