Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rescue Bots DVD news for Australia

I'll be getting it, so that I can delete another 6 episodes off my DVR.

I am enjoying Rescue Bots alot more than I thought that I would, I have been watching it with my kids and they love it, all of them love Blades and they get heaps excited when Bumblebee or Optimus make a cameo.

And the voice actors are such a great bunch of people, who seem to be a really closely bonded group when you see how they play off each other at their BotCon panels, which you can hear in the voices on the cartoon.
    The 2013 one was the more amusing one, but I could only find the 2014 panel on youtube, which is missing DC Douglas (Chase). Still a great watch if you have a spare 45 minutes.

I don't know if its been mentioned before, but Season 1 is currently available on netflix australia.

I went looking for the latest DVD release in local shipping center (Southland), but couldn't find it anywhere. I was surprised that BIGW and Target didn't have any stock of the series anymore, only JB Hi-FI and Kmart still offered the older DVD releases. Looks like I will have to order online again.

Also I contacted Beyond Home Entertainment for updates, Season 2 Volume 4 should be released on DVD in December 2015 at this stage.

I wish more people would support the DVD releases, we are lucky to get any cartoons (non-anime) released locally on DVD these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirben View Post
    I went looking for the latest DVD release in local shipping center (Southland), but couldn't find it anywhere. I was surprised that BIGW and Target didn't have any stock of the series anymore, only JB Hi-FI and Kmart still offered the older DVD releases. Looks like I will have to order online again.

Also I contacted Beyond Home Entertainment for updates, Season 2 Volume 4 should be released on DVD in December 2015 at this stage.

I wish more people would support the DVD releases, we are lucky to get any cartoons (non-anime) released locally on DVD these days.
    It is a shame, and there is no local advertising for the DVDs here (that I'm aware of).

So recently, when I mention the Australian DVDs on TFW I include links to JB Hifi for Americans to be able to import them as a way to get some extra sales out of them... but there just aren't enough Rescue Bots fans on the collector fansites to buy the DVDs. Especially when they have online purchasing options now for getting the entire season as soon as they are aired (for those too impatient to wait a year or two for physical copies).

And with Shout Factory having the license in America, these Australian DVDs can't be marketed directly to American outlets like Amazon, so Beyond Ent said it wasn't worth the extra expense to have them region-free (there must be some licensing fee to be region-free?).

The fourth volume of season 2 (Transformers Rescue Bots - Rise Of The Heroes) will be released on Wednesday 2nd December 2015. Source: Stack Magazine

Hopefully that covers all 26 episodes of season 2.

As of last weekend the 8th volume wasn't yet out at JBHifi or Target (JB had all 7 previous volumes, while Target was sitting on a few copies of Volume 7)... despite Volume 8 having a release date of August 5th (almost 2 months ago).
    JB hifi took 2 months to get in Volume 7 despite it being available on their website for purchase since it was released... so I expect the same 2 month delay before it shows up in store.

The BigW website has Volume 8 (Vol 3 of Season 2) listed as in-stock on their website, but I haven't checked my nearest store in the last 2 weeks (they only had the first 7 2 weeks ago, which was also over a month after it was released).

Unless Beyond Entertainment start promoting their Transformers DVDs, they are going to end up stopping production of them, which would suck for Rescue Bots (and possibly RID if Shout Factory do the random volume strategy like they did with Rescue Bots).

Yes, it is really looking bad for future sales, and I doubt we will see season 3 released locally on DVD at this rate.

The major department stores never seem to get any stock, if they don't get stock during the first few weeks. JB Hi-Fi seems to be getting worse in general for cartoon series for children, they rarely have new releases, and often have titles as special order only.

I contacted Beyond Entertainment and confirmed the next DVD release (Transformers Rescue Bots - Rise Of The Heroes) will contain the last 7 episodes of season 2.

Unfortunately there is no news on season 3 been licensed at this stage.