Page 8 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131828 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

hey trent was that mp09 i bought off you first or second?

Quote Originally Posted by Kapryiath View Post
    hey trent was that mp09 i bought off you first or second?
    1st
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    That's quite a rare QC issue.

Maybe its worth posting that onto an American board like TFW2005 to see if anybody else unfortunately bought a Drift with two left shoulders!

Speaking of SG Drift, I hope yours came with both right and left-handed pistols, instead of a set of each?
    Damb...he does have two identical pistols...I had no idea they were supposed to be a left and right set The top of the gun deco is pointing to the left on both...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravagecat View Post
    Damb...he does have two identical pistols...I had no idea they were supposed to be a left and right set The top of the gun deco is pointing to the left on both...
    This was a heated topic a few months ago, you weren't the only one burnt by this QC issue. It's relatively minor, but its the response from FunPub that was most unsatisfying/disappointing:
    http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...ss-club/24119/

On the matter of TFCC/Botcon QC issue related vents, my own are:

TFCC Punch/Counterpunch - Head/automorph feature would not automorph properly, however that was easily remedied by disassembling the chest and a quick adjustment to the innards.

TFCC Sideburn - Plastic on left wing tip dented one side, a rather ironic QC issue, as the QC Burn here was on the figure's Side. Might be able to refix it into place if I used a hot flame quick enough (but scared to discolour the plastic).

Botcon Sharkticons - One of the Sharks has a crooked spine The joint that connects the submarine cockpit area to its back is mangled, causing the back kibble to not sit straight whilst in robot mode - further causing the fig to be more back heavy and prone to falling backwards than the mold already is.

My BotCon Shadow Striker didn't come with any accessories. The first Flareup I got was missing a screw and fell apart on me -- thankfully I was able to exchange it for another one.

In terms of QC issues with Japanese limited exclusive toys... Gentei Thundercracker and Skywarp have issues with their weapons not attaching firmly and "floppy" wings.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    My BotCon Shadow Striker didn't come with any accessories.
    By accessories, do you mean the bumper-weapon + exhauste pipe missile??? Those parts are integral to the mold's alt-mode.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    In terms of QC issues with Japanese limited exclusive toys... Gentei Thundercracker and Skywarp have issues with their weapons not attaching firmly and "floppy" wings.
    I've only got the CHMS KO of Skywarp, and I must say I was very impressed by the way all the joints hold up (less impressed with the paint-aps on his face). Compared to my Generations Thrust, which has a 1mm mal-formed piece of plastic that very effectively stopped him from transformation into robot mode. The cavity under the cockpit was not able to enclose on the inner-joint. I had to disassemble the chest and it took AGES sanding down 1mm worth of plastic on a relatively flat surface. He can transform, but its a little tight when getting that cockpit over the inner-joint.
    Last edited by SuspectimusPrime; 21st July 2012 at 04:53 PM.

This was a heated topic a few months ago, you weren't the only one burnt by this QC issue. It's relatively minor, but its the response from FunPub that was most unsatisfying/disappointing:
    http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...ss-club/24119/
    Interesting response from TCC...Thanks for the link SuspectimusPrime

By accessories, do you mean the bumper-weapon + exhauste pipe missile??? Those parts are integral to the mold's alt-mode.
    Quite right. So my Shadow Striker couldn't even transform into vehicle mode properly. I since managed to get some parts from a Universe Side Burn, but the colours don't match. :/ Yeah, I should repaint it...

Coolgardie WA, but Townsville (the last 15 years)

i don't know where to post nothing. i have no computer cause my monitor doesn't like my new motherboard. I've run out of glue and things for my sunny cosplay and i think is ears are too big ect. ALSO i need a back shot of Depthcharge so i can make the back of Depthcharge wings pattern ect. somebody get me a pic!