Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mpm8 Megatron and Mpm9 Jazz

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Finally! Been waiting for a MP movie Megatron. And Jazz is an added bonus. Opening up a can of worms here but hate the Bayverse designs all you want, at least the MP movie figures are decently priced.

Here’s hoping for Ratchet, then we got the 2007 movie Autobot crew.
    If they do, i hope they do both the 2007 and Dotm colours.

As i like the 2007 colours they should offer both to those who do not

Would kill for MP Starscream at some point.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Official Hasbro product photos as well as product descriptions and MSRPs have now been released.

Quote Originally Posted by G1Optimal View Post
    If they do, i hope they do both the 2007 and Dotm colours.

As i like the 2007 colours they should offer both to those who do not
    If Hasbro/TakaraTOMY do a 2007 Ratchet, it wouldn't surprise me if they eventually made a DotM colour scheme. I'm expecting eventual remoulds for DotM Optimus and RotF and DotM Bumblebee.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Would kill for MP Starscream at some point.
    The HFtD leader/MPM-1 is the best movieverse Starscream currently available, but one can only imagine that a new Movie Masterpiece that doesn't have to accommodate an electronics pack would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    That's just rude.
    I will be legit mad if this gimmick causes any other part of MPM Jazz to suffer though.
    Totally agree, and it's still too soon.. so sad for Jazz.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Totally agree, and it's still too soon.. so sad for Jazz.
    Too soon? It's only been 12 years....

To refresh our memories...

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post

To refresh our memories...
    Back when Megatron was a certified BAMF and not another of Prime's many punching bags.

In case anyone missed it while drooling over the official images at that link, they also had the details for the Hasbro release of these two toys, which we won't see until nearly the end of this year.
    It also notes that (with the loss of ToysRUs in America), the Movie Masterpiece toys will be joint exclusives to Entertainment Earth, BigBadToyStore, Diamond (the global comics distributor), and some business called Southern Hobby.
    (the product descriptions also suggest a limited pre-order period, some 7 months before their release... which could mean that they will be "made to order" for their American release, like FunPub did with their Subscription toys - and with Australia looking to miss out on the last two Movie MPs - VW Bumblebee & Ironhide - I'm not sure if we will see these two here either... hopefully we find out before people here are forced pre-order from US sources)

Transformers: Masterpiece Movie Series Megatron
    (Ages 8 and Up / Approx. Retail Price: US$159.99 / Available: Sept. 1, 2019)
    Masterpiece Movie Series MEGATRON MPM-8 is 12 inches and a perfect authentic figure for fans and collectors alike, with features inspired by the explosive 2007 TRANSFORMERS live action movie. The figure showcases the merciless DECEPTICON leader with impressive attention to detail and features articulated hands and mouth, 40.5 grams of die cast detailing, and Fusion Cannon, chain whip and ALLSPARK Cube accessories. Converts from robot to CYBERTRONIAN jet mode in 50 steps. Features 35 cm of wingspan in CYBERTRONIAN jet mode and has 43 points of articulation. TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece figures showcase the greatest TRANSFORMERS characters in the highest level of detail (each sold separately). The ultra-premium, collectible figures are a must-have for any TRANSFORMERS collection. The Masterpiece Movie Series lineup includes iconic characters from the live action TRANSFORMERS movies with movie-inspired details and accessories. Will be available for pre-order from Feb. 1 – March 15 and retail purchase on Sept. 1, 2019 through Entertainment Earth, BigBadToyStore, Diamond, and Southern Hobby.

Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Jazz
    (Ages 8 and Up / Approx. Retail Price: US$89.99 / Available: Nov. 1, 2019)
    Masterpiece Movie Series JAZZ MPM-9 is 6 inches and a perfect, authentic figure for fans and collectors alike, with features inspired by the explosive 2007 TRANSFORMERS live action movie. The figure showcases the daring AUTOBOT with impressive attention to detail and features articulated hands, sliding visor, die cast detailing, shield weapon accessory and spinal cord attachment. By pressing a back button, Jazz can be split in two and posed with Masterpiece Movie Series MEGATRON MPM-8 to recreate the tragic death scene from the 2007 TRANSFORMERS live action film. The figure also features 47 points of articulation and includes a Sam Witwicky figurine running with the ALLSPARK Cube. Converts from robot to hardtop Pontiac Solstice GXP mode in 48 steps. TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece figures showcase the greatest TRANSFORMERS characters in the highest level of detail (each sold separately). The ultra-premium, collectible figures are a must-have for any TRANSFORMERS collection. The Masterpiece Movie Series lineup includes iconic characters from the live action TRANSFORMERS movies with movie-inspired details and accessories. Will be available for pre-order from Apr. 1 – May 17 and retail purchase on Nov. 1, 2019 through Entertainment Earth, BigBadToyStore, Diamond, and Southern Hobby.

Üfffff $160 USD?

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Üfffff $160 USD?
    40.5 grams of die cast detailing (cos 40 grams just won't cut it). And die cast is more expensive than plastic these days.

Fusion Cannon, chain whip and ALLSPARK Cube accessories adds more coin to the price.

Intelligent, intuitive engineering design adds 50% increase in price. Totally justifiable IMO.
    Last edited by Galvatran; 30th January 2019 at 08:33 PM.