Page 134 of 194 FirstFirst ... 114124129130131132133134135136137138139144154 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1940

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Or "Classics." I'm still putting these on my Classicsverse shelves anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I wish that Hasbro/TT would just bite the bullet and call it what it is: G1 Revisited. I'd be ok with that.
    Don't try and sell me a product that is clearly scratching the G1 itch, but then decide to slap on some shoddy "battle damage" and forced Cybertronian afterthought alt modes.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Or "Classics." I'm still putting these on my Classicsverse shelves anyway.
    Surely the branding and 'gimmicks' of this line is to sell it to retailers. The retailers who need a 'new' toy line every year or they won't buy the product.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Surely the branding and 'gimmicks' of this line is to sell it to retailers. The retailers who need a 'new' toy line every year or they won't buy the product.
    Yes and no. Sure, retailers need the wow factor to be enticed, be with gimmicks like the Cyberverse line, but retail buyers are also looking for product keycodes and price points to stock in the relevant departments.
    You could have had just called it Classics for the last 15 years & it wouldn't have made much difference. CHUGs are still $10 Legends, $20 Commanders, $30 Deluxes etc

The press releases call this line "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron: Siege".

From that perspective "Transformer Generations" as the fan/collector orientated line has been running for nearly 10 years now, before you add Universe (2.0) and Classics as it's predecessors.

I've been looking at Siege toys and wondering if I consider them the start of a complete new classics do-over or additions/substitutions to the previously established CHUG line - and I can't quite decide what I think.

I wonder whose brilliant idea it is to make each year's Generations lineup have a common gimmick? It worked well for Combiner Wars as the gimmick wasn't forced onto G1 characters who weren't already gestalts (except for repaints, but I'm talking about original moulds for G1 characters like Megatron, Ultra Magnus, Powerglide etc.). But then Titans Return came along and suddenly everyone had to cater for the Titan Master gimmick. etc. - now we're at Siege where everything has to conform to the "War For Cybertron" theme for no apparent reason than because someone said they had to.

It's not like WFC/FOC where the toys were explicitly designed to be Cybertronian modes, and I like those toys. But Siege feels like it doesn't know what it wants to be, or at best, they're really just Earthen modes marketed as being Cybertronian. Cos boy is Swindler the most DeLorean looking Cybertronian vehicle I have ever seen!

Ghostbusters was released in 1984. The new GB crossover is packaged in a G1 style box. Clever, Hasbro.

I wish that all CHUG toys could be packaged in G1 style packaging like that.

Perfect chance to do something like that with the 35th Anniversary, but they chose to use the existing Siege packaging designs and slap a 35 on the side instead. If they can do it for Ecto 1, well...

Did some TF shelf tetrissing in preparation for the new Omega Supreme.

Galvatran Guest

Not TF related per say...

There was a recent-ish episode of Storage Wars where a guy won an unclaimed storage unit with storage tubs containing sealed vintage toys (action figures) in pristine condition. Tubs & tubs of 'em.