Thread: Happy World Beard Day!

Default Happy World Beard Day!

To all my hirsute bearded brethren I wish you a very happy
    World Beard Day!

This week I've had my class at school do a project on World Beard Day which I even managed to get mentioned on Triple J this morning

Here are some awesome songs by that great Aussie band: The Beards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlgbKIswpzI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmFnarFSj_U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C5nE4UqqLk

HISTORY OF WORLD BEARD DAY

World Beard Day is celebrated annually on an international level with people from every nation and continent gathering together with their beards. It is held on the first Saturday of September and is characterised by the happiness of all people being with their beards and with each other.

On World Beard Day, it is customary for the bearded members of a family to relax and partake in no jobs or chores. The beardless members of the family traditionally show their support by waiting on the bearded hand and foot. World Beard Day is all about promoting and elevating the global status of the the beard. Whilst many countries and cities practice World Beard Day customs specific to their own region, shaving on World Beard Day is universally considered to be highly disrespectful.

World Beard Day Facts

- In southern Spain, many townships gather to witness a boxing match between a bearded man and a beardless boy. The bearded man, normally armed with a sharp pike, is typically the victor.

- In the Swedish village of Dönskborg, anyone without a beard is banished from the town and forced to spend twenty-four hours in a nearby forest. Back in the town, the hirsute burn effigies of their clean-chinned loved ones.

- The exact origins of World Beard Day are unknown, but there is some evidence to suggest that Danish Vikings had a special day dedicated to the glorification of beards as far back as 800 AD. The event was not held on a fixed date, and was often celebrated hundreds of times each year. This early incarnation of what would one day become World Beard Day typically involved the ransacking of neighbouring towns, villages and countries by large groups of heavily-armed bearded men.

- Throughout the world, bearded communities are encouraged to acknowledge this sacred day by organising and staging their own public or private World Beard Day celebrations. These can consist of anything from a relaxing family lunch to a lavish, tax payer-funded street parade.

- Shaving on World Beard Day is universally considered to be highly disrespectful.

WHAT TO DO ON WORLD BEARD DAY

If you are hosting a World Beard Day event, here’s a helpful list of things you can do to make this the greatest World Beard Day ever…

Break bread with your bearded brethren.

What World Beard Day would be complete without a mouthwatering array of beard friendly foods? Popular options include…

- Barbecues / meat on a spit
    – Hot dogs
    – Vindaloo
    – Vodka
    – Fondue

Have a fire

If local laws permit, build a fire (or if you prefer have some beardless people build you a fire),
    then sit around the fire and enjoy having a beard and living in a golden age of beardedness.

Change a Tyre

Grab a bearded mate or two, flatten a car’s tyre, then enjoy the satisfaction of changing it using your extensive life skills.

World Beard Day Games and Events

World Beard Day events often feature various games and events. Feel free to create your own event, or choose from any of the following customary World Beard Day games…

- All-bearded human pyramid (current record 15)
    – Cleanchin darts (Just stick a picture of your least favourite beardless individual onto the dart board and throw darts at his face).
    – Vodka
    – World Beard Day Pinata (fill a paper mache beardless guy with treats, hang him from a tree, give the guy with the biggest beard a club and tell him to get clubbin’!)
    – Effigy Burning. Make a simple effigy of a beardless guy and celebrate beards by burning him to the ground.
    – Pin-the-beard-on-the-guy (by far the easiest, least-challenging World Beard Day game – no blindfold required.)
    – Dungeons and Dragons

Have a Sing

Break out the vodka, band together and sing along to your favourite beard-related songs.

WBD League Sports

Play your favourite sports the way sports were meant to be played: Bearded vs. Non-Bearded, with the beardless team heavily handicapped (feel free to create your own handicaps for the beardless team or “losing team”). Popular choices include…

- The losing team has fewer players.
    – The losing team is made up entirely of children.
    – The referees / umpires are all members of the bearded team (winning team).
    – The losing team or selected members of the losing team are blind folded, bound and gagged.

HAPPY WORLD BEARD DAY EVERYONE! FROM BIG BEARDED TREV!

P.S: Please feel free to post pics of your own hairy facial goodness

Beards are awesome!!!

wow all hail the Bread
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Get a haircut you hippy!
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

God damn I almost wish I shaved my 3 year beard off yesterday rather than two weeks ago. Quite frankly sick of beard culture and the stupid "oh hey so u hav a beard" rubbish I had to endure pretty much continuously from god damn boys who thought just because they could pop a few limp ginger threads from their insufferable face they could do the whole "BIG MANLY BEARD PRIDE" song and dance.

In short, to hell with beards.

Seriously, THIS gets its' own day now? Seriously?!

Or maybe I'm just jealous that I can't grow one
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Ploughmans Lunch View Post
    God damn I almost wish I shaved my 3 year beard off yesterday rather than two weeks ago. Quite frankly sick of beard culture and the stupid "oh hey so u hav a beard" rubbish I had to endure pretty much continuously from god damn boys who thought just because they could pop a few limp ginger threads from their insufferable face they could do the whole "BIG MANLY BEARD PRIDE" song and dance.

In short, to hell with beards.

Well I can't say I agree with your outlook which kinda robs others of the fun and whimsy of the day which is just meant to be a bit of silly fun, but never let it be said I don't try and see others points of view.

So here ya go - I'll meet ya half way

^ Hahahaha
    That should be your avatar. I dare ya

haha, you cutie

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Well I can't say I agree with your outlook which kinda robs others of the fun and whimsy of the day which is just meant to be a bit of silly fun, but never let it be said I don't try and see others points of view.

So here ya go - I'll meet ya half way

Any of my hirsute breathren got any plans for our special day today?

I'm gonna get out all my power tools and build an over zealous huge duck pearch, then dig some holes and plant some native trees. Maybe a big meat meal for tea too