Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ripped off?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Where would you guys recommend to trade/sell games/consoles? Cos I'm seriously thinking about offloading my Wii and all my Wii games.
    I doubt you would get much for it.

What games do you have?

Where would you guys recommend to trade/sell games/consoles? Cos I'm seriously thinking about offloading my Wii and all my Wii games.
    like the old guy said, what games do you have?

to answer your question, perhaps list them here, and then eBay.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

<---doesn't have ebay account.

I'll make a list. Mebbe someone here might make a reasonable offer.

I just wanna sell it because:
    a) I never play with it
    b) I wanna buy a PS3 to play Fall of Cybertron next year! (and also so I can finally start watching/collecting Blu Ray )

That is a rip-off Autocon. Big one. I'd recommend to gamers in future that you should keep the games you really like even when you're in need of money and am thinking of trading them up. Some games you trade in could end up being very valuable in the future, just like TFs.

I only and would recommend this to others to trade in titles you seriously do not like, games that don't make you regret trading them or even make you consider that thought in the first place. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

I've traded in plenty of games before, though I didn't get paid much I considered it worthy as I hated those games and did not really care about them at all.

Do you guys have something like kijiji over there or a classified website? Perhaps put up your games there and see if anyone bites.

<---doesn't have ebay account.

I'll make a list. Mebbe someone here might make a reasonable offer.

I just wanna sell it because:
    a) I never play with it
    b) I wanna buy a PS3 to play Fall of Cybertron next year! (and also so I can finally start watching/collecting Blu Ray )
    I managed to get a PS3 for $100!

They said it was faulty and that's why it was cheap but it was just that the Hard disk file system had gone corrupt - I fixed it within minutes of getting home. All I had to do was remove it from the PS3 and stick it onto my PC and format it. After that, it's been working excellently!

It also came with 2 'faulty' controllers. One was indeed faulty while the other just needed a clean (they were filthy) and it worked pretty well. The previous owner must have been really dumb as he gave it to a re-seller as 'damaged' when in reality there wasn't anything wrong with it that couldn't be fixed in 5 minutes

I am now ready to play Fall for Cybertron. So far I have mostly been using it to try out the Blu-Ray player and other features like online TV but recently I received God of War collection (God of War 1&2) and have been playing that. God of War is the only console exclusive game that had gotten my attention but still, the gameplay doesn't offer much more than 'button mashing' (which didn't help to ease my console game stereotyping) but at least the character, premise and story are interesting.

I have duke nukem collector pack minus dice left to trade. If they offer a small amount for that then Ill just walk away. The guy also tried not to scan in Mass Effect with a shady Ive done this games these ones are left when switching over to a different person.

This was gametraders in morley galleria

I traded my PS2 console and 14 games at Gametraders and only got $80. Recently I traded 4 crappy wii games, an el cheapo DS game and another el cheapo PS3 game at EB and got enough to buy Need For Speed: The Run without paying a cent. I was happy because I'd traded crap and cheap games anyway. In my opinion EB seem better to trade with. It's just easier than selling on eBay. At least EB check the discs, Gametraders didn't.

Out if EB Games, JB Hi-Fi, GameTraders and GAME, GAME offer the best trade in value. Just remember you may have bought the game for $90-$100 a few months earlier but if they're currently on sale, not selling well or a few years old, then you won't get much for them. I've seen a few of your games listed at low prices ($20-$30), which is probably why you didn't get much for them.

Probably best to check eBay beforehand to see if any are selling at a higher price or trade in elsewhere. I've rang up places before and asked what the trade-in value is before i took them in. Just remember console games don't hold value like Transformer toys do.

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    . At least EB check the discs, Gametraders didn't.
    I traded in some old games aaaages ago and the guy says "wow, these are in good condition" I was thinking, "Yeh, because I am not an 8 year old kid..."

I dislike their "Scratch guarantee" thing they have going on. What a load of cobblers!