Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Space Art

Default Space Art

Just wondering if anyone likes space art (e.g. pictures of planets, galaxies, stars, etc.)?

Have wanted to learn how to do them for a long time and am just starting to.

Here is my most recent effort, hope you like it.

http://wildspark.deviantart.com/#/d4nncts

Wow!
    Beautiful Sam, that is honestly quite gorgeous.

I myself do indeed love looking at Space Art, especially the good pieces, as there is something so incredibly mesmerising about the heavens; what Hubble and other space telescopes have allowed us to see is so undeniably breath taking as I often tend to lose myself in thought when gazing into a galaxy, solar system or simple mass expanses of cosmic gases and dust because it really does show you how immeasurably insignificant the human race and Earth really is.

I very much look forward to seeing more of your work Sam, your most recent piece shows substantial promise.

wow. tres cool dude!
    If you like spacy art, you should try your hand at doing something like this.

VGM out...

That reminds me of my PS3 onscreen display when playing music on it. I love it

Seeing images like that always gets me thinking about how insignificant we all are floating around in something so infinite.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Nice work Sam, I too enjoy Space Art, I really like your "Isolation" piece, I had a feeling of isolation before I even looked at the title.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Impressive!

Thanks for the feedback people.

Here's another one I did today after work: http://wildspark.deviantart.com/#/d4nr1as

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I myself do indeed love looking at Space Art, especially the good pieces, as there is something so incredibly mesmerising about the heavens; what Hubble and other space telescopes have allowed us to see is so undeniably breath taking as I often tend to lose myself in thought when gazing into a galaxy, solar system or simple mass expanses of cosmic gases and dust because it really does show you how immeasurably insignificant the human race and Earth really is.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Seeing images like that always gets me thinking about how insignificant we all are floating around in something so infinite.
    I concur - often when I look at the expanse of the sky, or deep sky objects, sometimes it helps me feel that my own problems are not so big after all!

One interesting thing I've found from all this is that nobody I have met so far have told me that they think that natural scenery such as sunsets, or deep sky objects such as spiral galaxies are ugly. In fact everyone I've spoken to all say they are beautiful. Additionally, the same seems to go for the colour of the sky and trees.

Beauty is universal.

Quote Originally Posted by VGMStudios View Post
    wow. tres cool dude!
    If you like spacy art, you should try your hand at doing something like this.

VGM out...
    Thanks for the link, I checked the video out. That guy has serious skills!

I completely agree Sam and I dig your new piece as the planet has a very chlorophyllic aesthetic to it and that seems logical being that it appears to be orbiting a Blue Giant.

Thanks Hursticon.

I now realise I was doing stars using a bad method before, and have come up with something a bit more realistic now:

http://wildspark.deviantart.com/#/d4nud1l

Awesome work!!!