Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spider-Man to join the Marvel movie universe!

Default Spider-Man to join the Marvel movie universe!

http://www.newsarama.com/23475-marve...-universe.html

I hope it's done in a way that doesn't conflict w/ either Sony or Marvel/Disney's continuities, which shouldn't be too hard. I can't think of anything that happened in either continuity that explicitly contradicts each other.

This news makes me very happy.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

I wonder if this is really just a case of Disney telling Sony to pull their head in.

'Do this or we'll pull Infinity from Playstation.'

It's good to see an arrangement being made. I'm not hugely into comics outside of Transformers and The Phantom but I have really been enjoying Marvel movies for along time.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    http://www.newsarama.com/23475-marve...-universe.html

I hope it's done in a way that doesn't conflict w/ either Sony or Marvel/Disney's continuities, which shouldn't be too hard. I can't think of anything that happened in either continuity that explicitly contradicts each other.
    As far as Marvel's statement reads to me, the Amazing Spider-Man story is over. They say "the new Spider-Man will first appear in a Marvel film" and that "they will collaborate on a new creative direction for the web slinger".

Be interesting to see if the Sinister Six and Female-lead movie Sony were planning are dead or back to drawing board.

It'd be great, but highly unlikely, if they could keep the identity of the new Spider-Man actor secret until you were sitting there watching Captain America: Civil War and Spider-Man swings in to the press conference, stands next to Iron Man and pulls his mask off, "My name is Peter Parker, and I've been Spider-Man since I was 15 years old").

(But in the world of Internet spoilers and exclusive pics from the set leaks they'll never pull that off! )

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Thank god. Now left X-men to rejoin the group.

Nice to see they've realised even a tiny percentage is worth it when Marvel is doing the heavy lifting.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I don't think Sony had done a bad job but, it is for the better that they combined, as we would like to see those Captain America and Spiderman or the Avengers.

HOORAY!!!!!

For the love of everything, put Drake Bell as Peter Parker/Spiderman (spoiler alert). He does the voice excellently in Ultimate Spiderman (great show) and he looks enough like most incarnations.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    As far as Marvel's statement reads to me, the Amazing Spider-Man story is over. They say "the new Spider-Man will first appear in a Marvel film" and that "they will collaborate on a new creative direction for the web slinger".
    Methinks you're right. In this case I hope that they just take the character in a direction that neither confirms nor denies the Sonyverse Spiderman. Should be easy enough -- just don't have any of the Stacies appear. Stick with Mary Jane Watson as his love interest and use another police captain -- if indeed there's enough room in an ensemble crossover story to have such characters appear. It's not as if any of the Avengers' secondary characters appear in the Avengers film (e.g. Pepper Potts, Jane Foster, Betty Ross, Peggy Carter etc.), so odds are they'd just focus on the characters as they appear in that particular film's setting and not worry too much about their pre-stories. Which I think is better anyway, because you don't want to waste screen-time doing individual character prologues in that kind of movie (that's what the separate stand-alone movies are for).