0 0%

0 0%
  • 5 - its so so

2 3.64%

2 3.64%

6 10.91%

18 32.73%

6 10.91%
  • 10 - BUY IT !!! or forever be shamed!!

19 34.55%
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast

Thread: War For Cybertron Game Review

Bought it when it came out; played it for about an hour; never picked it back up. Not saying I dislike it or anything, just not a fan of shooters. I don't regret getting it either considering I only paid 9 bucks for it.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I am occasionally playing again on Hard this time. Problem is since I layed it t finish last time, I am spending more time taking risks and generally messing around= more time dying.

Still, I would LOVE to see a sequel made that improves on thhe negatives of this game.

Just a tad upset I can't use the DLC chars in the dingle player now I have finished....

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I am occasionally playing again on Hard this time. Problem is since I layed it t finish last time, I am spending more time taking risks and generally messing around= more time dying.

Still, I would LOVE to see a sequel made that improves on thhe negatives of this game.

Just a tad upset I can't use the DLC chars in the dingle player now I have finished....
    For me the big negatives of this game as far as gameplay is concerned are the 'No-Frills' gameplay style and the mirrored enemy units that makes both the Decepticon and Autobot campaigns feel too similar.

From a story perspective, they should dwell more into the comic mythos than keeping it so Geewhunn. They could also benefit from introducing more characters even if they are just NPCs that you can meet along the way.

I'm surprised at how many different online games there are with WFC... makes the single player game feel insignificant. It's useful for getting game practice, but I still need more practice before having a chance against other people online. (and my wifi connection keeps dropping out too )

Ever since Starcraft 2 came out WFC totally has lost my interest...haven't even finished the campaign and I have maybe 2-3 chapters left in the Autobot campaign!

The PS3 version levels are long, thank goodness for all those checkpoints.

I'm not a big shooting game fan, and those I do play are mostly on the PC, so it took me a while to get used to the controls, but once I did, I found it fairly enjoyable, being able to transform at will is nice.

So far I'm liking it, especially with all the tf references, but my non tf mates enjoyed it just as much.

Not my favourite game of the year, but the PS3 game is better than the Wii and DS versions, especially with a group of friends.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by k.wong23 View Post
    Ever since Starcraft 2 came out WFC totally has lost my interest...haven't even finished the campaign and I have maybe 2-3 chapters left in the Autobot campaign!
    It's what I call a good 'filler' game. A game that you generally play between big titles like Dragon Age, Mass Effect or Starcraft 2 as in your case.

You'll probably pick it up again once you finish with Starcraft 2 until the next big game is released.

The reason for this is that although War for Cybertron is a fun and well executed game, there isn't much in it that's really new. From a gameplay perspective we have seen it all before several times already.

The appeal is really just the G1 theme and that is only really appealing to fans. To a non fan gamer, it's just another game, nothing special.

That's where the developers failed, they made the gameplay far too generic for it's own good.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Liking the DS Decepticon Game, it's fairly forgiving (takes some time to die due to being shot) and the fact that there is actual voice acting in a DS game is great.

Starting off the Decepticon game as an Autobot was cool too, actually threw me off, thought I must have gotten the wrong version by mistake.

Much better than the movie games, and so far, much more enjoyable than the animated game, which had a neat idea, but was poorly executed.
    I'm not liking it overall. The checkpoints are way too oddly interspaced, enemies are either extremely easy to kill or mercilessly hard. The thing i hate most is being a seeker, falling off a ledge, transforming into a plane and still plummet to your doom. Also having the transform function as a 'touch' to activate kinda makes transforming less accessible. It should have been switched round with the switch-character function.

The only thing compelling me to play on is that it's a transformers game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    I'm not liking it overall. The checkpoints are way too oddly interspaced, enemies are either extremely easy to kill or mercilessly hard. The thing i hate most is being a seeker, falling off a ledge, transforming into a plane and still plummet to your doom. Also having the transform function as a 'touch' to activate kinda makes transforming less accessible. It should have been switched round with the switch-character function.

The only thing compelling me to play on is that it's a transformers game.
    Don't take this the wrong way but I disagree with much of what you said.

IMO:

The checkpoints are nicely placed so that if you die, you do not need to start from way back.

Mob Enemies are indeed easy to kill, that's the point. They are supposed to swarm you and then throw a big bad among them to spice things up. This is again nicely done as you have to crowd control the enemies while prioritizing on targets. However I will admit that this form of crowd attack from the enemy units is far too repetitive.

I never had the same issues as you while being a seeker. I actually enjoyed jumping off ledges and then transforming mid air, I thought that was fun.

Having transformation as a 'touch' was crucial for me. During large battles you have to alternate between the robot mode and the alt mode several times to both conserve ammo and be able to get from what point in the battlefield to another at speed or get the higher ground. Transformation is the best executed element of this game in my opinion.

^Are you talking about the DS version? Because thats what I was talking about. If so please teach me how to transform in mid air sensei