Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have RobotKingdom screwed me bigtime?

Default Have RobotKingdom screwed me bigtime?

Updated: Read towards the bottom of this loong post as things may be working out alright afterall.

Final Update: It took a bit of work but RobotKingdom did resolve my issue. This post has my final thoughts at the end.

NOTE: From here down starts my initial post, it is chronological and un-edited so the thoughts at the start do not reflect the final outcome. The final outcome is that they did come through and replaced broken figures but it did take a lot emails and patience.
    Hi guys,
    It seems I have been burned by RobotKingdom. Half of my US$820 April order had issues straight out of their boxes and I have been getting the famous silent treatment.

TL;DR? Well, the takeaway from what is typed below is if you still shop with them DO NOT use RobotKingdom for expensive items. If it has a fault you may be left no choice but to repurchase it which is easier with cheaper items.

My experience
    I ordered MP-09v2, MP-09b, MP-10 and MP-11 in late January and when MP-11 was in stock my order shipped. I received it fast and well packed in April but had to email them back about broken MP-09v2 and MP-09b figures.. {pics referred to in the emails are attached to the bottom of the post}
    Sat, Apr 7, 2012
    To: RK sale, RK workshop and RK info
    Subject: Fwd: RK order ...........

Hello, sorry for sending this to multiple email addresses but I do not know who to send this email to. Please forward to broken figures department.

Firstly, thankyou for my package I received it fast and well packaged on Monday 2nd April. It was a US $827.00 order of 4 Transformers Masterpieces (MP09v2, MP09b, MP10 & MP11). Unfortunately I had instant issues with 2 of the 4 figures (MP09v2 & MP09b).

MP09v2
    - joint was broken before taking it out of the box.
    - pin was missing before taking it out of the box.

MP09v2 was visibly broken straight out of the box. A tiny snapped joint (see picA.jpg) remained sitting in the plastic tray when I removed the figure. In fact I had to look over the figure and then compare it to MP09b (see picB.jpg) just to find where it was from. To see what (if anything) this tiny joint affected I followed the instructions and peaugh's video review and transformed MP09v2 into car mode. So far this joint was not needed but at this stage I did also notice a pin missing from assembly (see picC.jpg). I continued to following the instructions to transform MP09v2 into truck mode and now realised that the broken joint opens the car canopy and is a major step in transforming into truck mode here I stopped transforming.

MP09b
    - 2 knee joints were cracked/weakened/broken before 1st transformation.

I began transforming MP09b after MP09v2 above. As per the instructions step I attempted to bend a knee and noticed the ratchet joint felt different to MP09v2 and was not clicking but actually moving out of the socket (see picD.jpg) so I stopped and carefully tried the other leg.. this one clean snapped off with even less force (see picE.jpg).

I know these MP09 figures are delicate and expensive so I used the instructions, took my time, was never forceful and even used a trusted video reviewer for handy tips. I have never received or broken figures myself before and I am disappointed that half of my US $827.00 is broken with almost zero transformation by me.

Can you get Takara to give me replacement figures or parts? Or do you suggest anything else? Please reply as I would like to post about a positive outcome and continue using RobotKingdom for my future Masterpiece purchases.

Kind regards,
    Yay, RobotKingdom replied... what good service!
    Sat, Apr 9, 2012
    To: me
    Subject: RE: Fwd: RK order ...........

Hello,

Do you think it is possible for you to put the broken parts back on the figures if we only send parts to you?
    This can save shipping for both of us.
    If not, Please ship the figures back(without package) and we will ship a new one to you.

Yours Sincerely,
    After ensuring I could fit replacement parts myself I replied happily..
    Wed, Apr 11, 2012
    To: RK info

Hi ...,

Yes, if you send me parts I will be able to re-attach them. If you look at the picture (see picF.jpg) I am also requesting the clear blue canopy for MP09v2 to already be attached to the little joint as the pin that joins these 2 pieces is very difficult to access and reassemble without breaking (and if you are dismantling a figure to send me these parts it is easier for you too).

Parts:
    - MP09v2 clear canopy attached to small connector
    - MP09v2 missing pin
    - MP09b left knee
    - MP09b right knee

And thankyou for your response, please let me know what happens next.

Kind regards,
    A week later and no response so I email again.. am now getting concerned
    Wed, Apr 18, 2012
    To: RK info

Hi ...,

Can you give me an update on this issue?

Thanks,
    In an unrelated email on Tue, 17 Apr RK offer some customers (including me) a totally free MP coincase for being long term supporters of RobotKingdom. This was an autogenerated message sent to many customers. I reply, again just wanting an acknowledgement of my issue..
    Thu, Apr 19, 2012
    To: RK info, RK gift
    Subject: Re: Free Comemorative Coin Case for Transformers Coins

Hi ...,

Thankyou for the coincase offer. I would like it sent with an order for MP-11s and MP-12(if preorder is available yet) but I will not place any further online orders until you have addressed the previous issue with my RobotKingdom order. In our emails (subject "Re: Fwd: RK order ...........") you asked if I would accept replacement broken parts and I said "Yes". I asked for a reply whether you were sending me parts or not (and asked again a week later) and have not received any reply.

Will you send me replacement broken parts?

I happily support RobotKingdom and want to continue supporting but I cannot until email subject "Re: Fwd: RK order ..........." is resolved. Please inform me what is happening about my issue.

Kind Regards,
    This one I sent from my work email address in case my emails were being filtered out. It is the first email since the original that I sent to multiple RK email addresses.
    Thu, Apr 26, 2012
    To: RK sale, RK workshop and RK info

Hi RobotKingdom,

I hoped to have already gotten an email from you about replacement parts you offered me on April 9th. (Please read all emails below for the full story.)

Basically, half of my $800 order (RK order ...........) was faulty / broken and I asked for assistance from you. You offered replacement parts and I said yes as it "saves shipping for both of us". I listed and photographed (see picF.jpg) what parts need replacing and asked that you let me know what happens next but I did not get a reply.

I have not heard from you since the 9th April despite requesting an update several times.

1) Will you send me replacement parts?

2) If yes, when will you send them? Will you send them with another order?

3) If no, why won't you send them?

I am happy to discuss this. Please reply.
    I have had no reply since the 9th April.

Also, I am not keen on buying a $60 Toys'r'us Hot Rod to harvest for parts. When I buy a premium figure I aim for the best release of it and how this issue currently stands I consider myself out of pocket US$400.

So.. this is where I am at and it is not a happy place.
    - Do my emails come across as rude?
    - Do you think I am being impatient?
    - Have I dealt with this matter all wrong?
    - What can be my next step?

Thanks for reading, I posted all above so accurate advice could be given.

Doug. .

Updated. Email and text below added on Mon, May 28
    Wed, May 15, 2012
    To: RK sale, RK workshop, RK info and RK clerk
    Hi RobotKingdom,

I am still waiting for the replacement parts you offered or even a reply from you. I have begun to escalate my issue and soon you may hear about the lack of service I have received through other channels as you have ignored my emails since April 11th.

I will continue to seek assistance and would like to sort this out so I can keep buying from you.

Please reply,

A timely reply from RobotKingdom! Could my issue be getting back on track
    Wed, May 16, 2012
    To: me
    Hello,

Sorry for the delay since it took some time for us to try to detach the part.
    For MP-09, could you please ship the body back and we will replace a new one for you. My collegue have inspect the parts and he said it is very difficult to detach the part.
    The MP-09B parts can come with the parcel.

Yours Sincerely,
    Another email back and forth to get the shipping address and I have carefully packaged and posted the MP09v2 body and MP09b knees back to Hong Kong and sent them a tracking number. Postage was $26 but if all goes well it will not bother me.

I'm currently hoping the returning MP09v2 will be the v2 edition and all parts will be ok.

A final update!! From here down..
    I received MP-09v2 and MP-09b lower legs back from RK. Unfortunately the MP-09v2 replacement was missing his matrix so I sent a final email to RK.
    Wed, Jun 13, 2012
    To: RK clerk
    Hi,

Thankyou for the replacement MP-09 parts sent (RK order ...........). I am very happy again and will continue to shop with RK. Unfortunately my MP-09v2 replacement did not have the matrix inside his chest. This is a small part but my original figure did have it. Can I request that a MP-09 matrix be included in my next order?

Also are you still offering the clear black Prime mincons for orders over $650USD?

Kind regards,
    Three days later a MP-09 matrix arrived at my door . Look, RobotKingdom has always packed my orders very well, the problems with the MP-09 mould were not their doing but faulty products and their returns are for RK and TakaraTomy to sort out (TakTom sends replaces for these). Overall I am relived and happy that RK sought to make things right and I have bought from them since. This thread is my experience, I was very reluctant to escalate this outside of direct emails to RK (because I never wanted to rubbish them and I wanted to give them every chance to solve this peacefully) but if you have an issue with RK this is what you may have to do.
    Last edited by Deonasis; 10th August 2012 at 10:25 PM.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Hmm, so 9th of April was the last contact from RK about this issue. I'd be concerned too.

It's strange because they seemed so willing to help in that initial response. Maybe they're waiting on receiving the parts from Takara? Hard to know when they don't communicate though.

I believe RK have several different emails. Perhaps do a bit of digging around and see if emailing another address yields another response? I know it's been a while but I wouldn't stress too much just yet, RK aren't dodgy - I'm sure they'll sort you out...Eventually.

They are probably at Botcon hence nobody official to reply to your matter.
    Contact them again shortly after this week.

I think you have been very reasonable. iceburn could be correct so I wouldn't panic just yet.

This is one of the pitfalls of buying online. I've had some awful recent experiences that have really turned me off of buying over the internet.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

If you know anyone who can speak Japanese, call TakaraTOMY directly and ask them to send you replacement parts. That's what I did for my MP-01 and they FedExed me the replacement parts in less than a week. You should see their customer call centre numbers on the bottom or back of the box (and also on the instruction booklet). Best of all... you talk to a _person_ and not some automated prerecording or voice mail.

The only problem may be that you purchased your toys from a non-Japanese retailer. In my situation, I purchased it from a retailer in Japan. Initially Takara advised me to return the toy to the store from which I'd purchased it from, but I told them that I was in Australia - and as an Australian resident I'm not in a position to idly fly back to Japan to exchange a toy. Given that situation, Takara were more than happy to send me the spare parts I needed (as well as some other free Transformers goodies as an apology - although that's not official Takara policy; the guy who was handling my case just "slipped" some products into the box containing the parts he was meant to send to me ). So considering your circumstances are a bit different, I can't guarantee that TakaraTOMY will honour sending replacement parts... but it may be worth a try if Robot Kingdom are unable to help you.

Gok, can't you offer your help then since you can write and speak Japanese?

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    Gok, can't you offer your help then since you can write and speak Japanese?

It won't work since the item was purchased in RK instead of a retail store in Japan as Gok did with his item. For now it's going to be a wait and see still for Deonasis since as you mentioned it could be that they're still sorting things out post Botcon. Let's just hope that your hunch is correct Icy.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I'd say your emails have been totally reasonable, but like the others said, timing with botcon might be a lot to do with the lack of response you've had, I'd give it a week, or at least a couple more days and then email them again.

they may have organised the spare parts before the botcon rush and the parts might be waiting for the right person to get back into the office after the convention.

either way I hope it all works out for you in the near future, I've nevre had that sort of a problem with a big shipment, I can't imagine how frustrating it might be, given that I think you've handled yourself very well.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Thanks for the advice/opinions everybody. I did think BotCon could be causing their delay but I am really just after a reply atm, something like..

- "After BotCon we will.."
    - "We are waiting for parts.."
    - "Can we ship with next order?.."
    - "Here is your tracking number.."

I have been replying to just the address that offered replacement parts but my last email I again sent to all RK email addresses I know of (RK info, RK sale and RK workshop). I have recently found another email address (RK clerk) but they all could be resolving to one inbox/person anyway so who knows.

I don't mean to pester them but I do not want my issue forgotten. I DO want to place new orders with them right now but I need this moving again first. I will continue to send 1 email a week until I can get some communication back.
    Last edited by Deonasis; 3rd May 2012 at 11:23 AM.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Yeah, RK was at BotCon again (selling a lot of 3rd party stuff, and not just as pre-orders... actual handing over of items for cash, in violation of the rule this year).
    But there was only one or two of them there - RK has more people, or at least should by now, being such a big business. If they shut down operations, or interaction with customers and their suppliers, for a whole week, it says something about their commitment to the business (and their customers and suppliers).
    It's a reason why I haven't ordered from their site since 2010.

I wonder if paypal/ebay would make it easier to chase up replacements?
    Like, if they have the item on their ebay page (within a few dollars of their website), and you order from there in future, I wonder if it would be easier to force a paypal-disputed refund/exchange/replacement on faulty items.
    Maybe ask jaydisc, as he seemed to be the most informed about paypal policies here.