Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Items on Gumtree

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    How much was the price on that MP SW? Just revisiting the link now and it was apparently sold.

Really surprised to find that people always seem to expect higher prices on Gumtree. You've got a free-to-sell medium, that you would usually expect to attract less buyers willing to pay a premium price for goods (amongst other things on the website). However, TF sellers keep expecting an arm and a leg for their wares. I guess we can surmise that there are a lot of less-frequently updated buyers are not aware of the market value of TFs.
    It wasn't only Soundwave, IIRC there was also MP Acid Storm, Platinum Omega and Grimlock vs Bruticus. There was probably one or two more but I can't remember.

Megatran Guest

^ I just don't see it worth close to $4k based on the pics. Though offer is negotiable.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    ^ I just don't see it worth close to $4k based on the pics. Though offer is negotiable.
    maybe the cabinet is included? lol

Talk about over-inflating the value of a product to make it sound like you are getting a bargain. It's like Toyworld's price-tags saying "don't pay this... our price is..." but were never at that higher price to start with.

They claim that they spent $10,000 on the collection, making $4,000 sound like a huge discount.
    However....

There looks to be about 60 toys in those photos, and all appear to be ones available at retail here, so it wouldn't add up to $10,000. (the Titanium Menasor might be an exception, but I think people found it in Victoria)
    That would mean each of the 60 toys cost about $166 to buy... but I can't see single one there that retailed for that.
    And since they are out of packaging, the value of loose easy-to-find mainline figures is less than a quarter of its retail price or its current mint-sealed value.
    (if you bought deluxe BH Wheeljack, Bumblebee, Soundwave and Skystalker for $100, you'd have trouble selling them for $20 out of packaging)

So even if there was $10,000 spent on any collection of mainline figures, having them out of packaging would probably bring it down to less than $3,000.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Talk about over-inflating the value of a product to make it sound like you are getting a bargain. It's like Toyworld's price-tags saying "don't pay this... our price is..." but were never at that higher price to start with.

They claim that they spent $10,000 on the collection, making $4,000 sound like a huge discount.
    However....

There looks to be about 60 toys in those photos, and all appear to be ones available at retail here, so it wouldn't add up to $10,000. (the Titanium Menasor might be an exception, but I think people found it in Victoria)
    That would mean each of the 60 toys cost about $166 to buy... but I can't see single one there that retailed for that.
    And since they are out of packaging, the value of loose easy-to-find mainline figures is less than a quarter of its retail price or its current mint-sealed value.
    (if you bought deluxe BH Wheeljack, Bumblebee, Soundwave and Skystalker for $100, you'd have trouble selling them for $20 out of packaging)

So even if there was $10,000 spent on any collection of mainline figures, having them out of packaging would probably bring it down to less than $3,000.
    Totally agree, I barely see $1000 of value in that lot.

It was listed about a month ago, I think it will be on there for a very long time

Quote Originally Posted by theshape View Post
    Yea. If I was in WA, I'd pick it up for that price.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Yea. If I was in WA, I'd pick it up for that price.
    For sure.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Great price, I have no cash. lol
    Seriously take it.