Page 971 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 951961966967968969970971972973974975976981991 ... LastLast
Results 9,701 to 9,710 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    One for the G1 collectors: What would a complete MIB G1 Ultra Magnus with minimal yellowing set you back? Just after a ball park idea.
    I got a loose complete G1 Ultra Magnus a few months ago for about $50. Zero yellowing; really good condition. Granted it had no packaging, but that might give you a basis for an estimate.

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    One for the G1 collectors: What would a complete MIB G1 Ultra Magnus with minimal yellowing set you back? Just after a ball park idea.
    Price guide from TransformerLand. Listed price, may not be actual sale price.

http://www.transformerland.com/price...Ultra%20Magnus

Thanks gents.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

TFwiki has very little info on the current incarnation of Predaking.

Could one of you IDW readers tell me if there is any lore behind Predaking now being a Matrix bearer?

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    TFwiki has very little info on the current incarnation of Predaking.

Could one of you IDW readers tell me if there is any lore behind Predaking now being a Matrix bearer?

If you are referring to the POTP toy, it could just be a meaningless toy gimmick, for the larger POTP toys to have a Matrix or an Enigma to plug into the toy somewhere.
    (I haven't been following the IDW comics other than news postings, but don't recall hearing Predaking being featured much in the last year of the comics (during the POTP toyline), or if it played any major roles... just like Jetfire not playing any major role in the Revolutions crossover series, but it was the Transformers "representative" in the SDCC Revolutions boxset, because that's what Hasbro wanted released.)

I never had a G1 Scorponok. Is there anything in that G1 Scorponok set that HasTak could base a Siege Weaponiser on?

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I never had a G1 Scorponok. Is there anything in that G1 Scorponok set that HasTak could base a Siege Weaponiser on?
    Scorponok came with Fasttrack, but he was more like Typticon's Full-Tilt than a weaponiser like Six-gun. That said, you could probably get Fasttrack from Cog with only a small amount of retooling. Start with the arm guns on the top, the torso piece in the middle and the legs at the bottom and you are pretty close. Some tweaks to the torso and change Cog's treads for wheel and you are practically there.

From the December Acquisition thread
    Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    Licensed metal puzzle Jazz from MU Model.
    I'm trying to make out Jazz's Chinese function, but I don't know if I'm reading it rightly or if this is a time where a discrepancy between Chinese and Sino-Japanese words exist.

爵士 (shakushi)
    * 爵 (shaku) = indicator of an entitled feudal rank or title, e.g. 公爵 (koushaku) = duke, 子爵 (shisaku) = viscount etc.
    * 士 (shi) = samurai, official, minister (remember that samurai started off as just glorified government clerks; it was later on that they also became warriors - AFAIK other Confucian cultures didn't militarise their government officials and kept a the warrior class separate from scholars and officials)

AFAIK 爵 is only ever used as a suffix, so grammatically I would say that Jazz's function should be 士爵 (shishaku) rather than 爵士 (shakushi). I'll admit that it's not a word that I've come across before, but 爵士 seems to be a word used to describe an English or European noble, similar to the title "Sir" before a person who's been knighted.
    https://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/jn/96279/meaning/m0u/
    https://www.weblio.jp/content/%E5%A3%AB%E7%88%B5

But yeah, not sure what 爵士 is supposed to be. Any Chinese speakers able to help out?

Does anyone know which episode of A.L.F. is shown in the Bumblebee movie?
    Thanks in advance.

Anyone heard from Hasbro if Siege is a single year 3-4 wave line like POTP or a two-year line like older CHUG lines?