Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NECA 1990 TMNT movie figures

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default NECA 1990 TMNT movie figures

Just saw this over at The Toyark. Looks like NECA will be returning to TMNT figures with 1/4 scale movie figures!

http://news.toyark.com/2016/02/13/to...as-tmnt-192762

A bit of info in this video too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J8ZIRWbZi8

I have to say they really nailed the sculpt on Donny. Hopefully they keep it up for the other 4 turtles. Supposedly going to be releasing 1 figure each quarter, but no idea on price yet (a few people are speculating about US$100.) Which if true makes them a lot cheaper than the Mondo comic based figures.

Really looking forward to these ones, and hopefully a Shredder!

The tmnt figured I've allways wanted just at the wrong scale. I think neca is planing/finding a way to bring these out at a smaller scale then I'll be all over these.

Yeah the scale is a bit of a let down. I'm hoping they can release them in a smaller scale too. Apparently there are a lot of issues with specific scale contracts with other companies, etc. I'm not too clued in on it but it seems like its hard for them to get figures made in the more popular scales.

Ah crap! I was going to get the Figurarts classic turtles! I don't think I can afford both this and them now, what with all the TF stuff that's been revealed!

http://news.toyark.com/2016/02/12/sh...release-191991

I know what you mean! The Figurarts Turtles look awesome as well! But the movie Donny just looks so well made and sculpted. I can't pass him up!

I haven't picked up any TMNT stuff since the original reissues in 2009 (I stopped buying them after Playmates put their ban on international sales out of the US - and while Aus was getting diddly squat.) So that's the excuse I'm using for myself to go a bit crazy with the recent cool TMNT figures

I really need those those s. h. Figuarts turtles, straight out of the cartoon!

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    I know what you mean! The Figurarts Turtles look awesome as well! But the movie Donny just looks so well made and sculpted. I can't pass him up!

I haven't picked up any TMNT stuff since the original reissues in 2009 (I stopped buying them after Playmates put their ban on international sales out of the US - and while Aus was getting diddly squat.) So that's the excuse I'm using for myself to go a bit crazy with the recent cool TMNT figures
    Oh yeah, the movie Donatello is just too cool! And as much as I want to get him, for me it's going to come down to availability. PC has the Figuarts Turtles, so it's an easy thing to get without paying through the nose for shipping.

Now if those NECA turtles end up at PC... it's going to be carnage!

Perhaps the scale of SH Figuarts Turtles are similar to that of the SH Figuarts Power Rangers 20th Anniversary figures. Wonder if they'll be packed with a serious face.

Some new pictures of all 4 turtles out of SDCC this weekend. They all look stunning! After seeing these, I feel much better about their price.

Wow! They look awesome -- just love that cheesy grin they gave Michelangelo!

I'd be very, very tempted if PC brought them in...