Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers AOE already available to preorder on iTunes.

Default Transformers AOE already available to preorder on iTunes.

In an interesting move Paramount has made Age of Extinction available to preorder on iTunes just one day after the theatrical release. No release date is given but if your desperate to preorder a home version of the movie you can.

Not at itunes prices. You gotta have rocks in your head to pay that much for a movie that you don't get to hold. Blu-Ray for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Not at itunes prices. You gotta have rocks in your head to pay that much for a movie that you don't get to hold. Blu-Ray for me.
    Blu-rays cost up to $50 depending on what version you get. This iTunes copy is $24.99 for the 1080p HD version, not a bad price at all. Blu-ray does give superior video quality for now and is the only way to get Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master Audio but that will change with better encoding so I will be buying the 3D Blu-ray but can't wait for the day I don't have to buy physical copies to get those benefits. And really your argument is you can't hold it in your hand? Well thats just really old fashion, when was the last time you bought a CD?

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Blu-rays cost up to $50 depending on what version you get. This iTunes copy is $24.99 for the 1080p HD version, not a bad price at all. Blu-ray does give superior video quality for now and is the only way to get Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master Audio but that will change with better encoding so I will be buying the 3D Blu-ray but can't wait for the day I don't have to buy physical copies to get those benefits. And really your argument is you can't hold it in your hand? Well thats just really old fashion, when was the last time you bought a CD?
    No they don't, you obviously not knowing where to get them from.

I don't understand why anyone would preorder a digital download. It's not like they are going to run out of stock.

This has baffled me since I saw this sort of thing on the psn.
    Strange

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I don't understand why anyone would preorder a digital download. It's not like they are going to run out of stock.

Strange
    Is peoples thinking and preference.
    I don't think is worth it. Rather get a Blueray any day and have my video software to convert it for my ipad anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Is peoples thinking and preference.
    I don't think is worth it. Rather get a Blueray any day and have my video software to convert it for my ipad anytime.
    This^
    I have about 100 Blu-rays and 400 DVDs and never paid more than $25 for them. And these days you can get the Ultra Violet codes with almost every release.
    And I have not bought a music CD for about 5 years. And have never bought a downloadable Album either. I buy single songs though as its the best way...............and they don't make cassingles/CD singles anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    No they don't, you obviously not knowing where to get them from.
    Yes they do. New release Blu-rays range up to $50. Star Trek Into Darkness was $50 at Big W for the 3D + Digital Copy version. They often don't go up that high but they do go as high as $50.

Besides digital is better than physical. You can make as many copies as you want to make sure you don't loose it if your paranoid. You can redownload any time you want. And no ****ing disk to worry about.

I buy all my music from iTunes. I buy all my X1 and PS4 games digitally unless I want to trade it in or think I might want to bring back. And I would buy movies from iTunes if they added TrueHD and Master Audio. Like it or not those stupid disk are going away forever sooner or later. JB HiFi and EB Games will be out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post

Strange
    Not every place is bound to this. But some places are. PSN I think might be one of them. The game just isn't unlimited. PSN has to buy CD-Keys off the publishers and then sell those keys in the store. It just happens to all be behind the scenes. Again, not everywhere is bound to it, nor is the example I'm using 100% correct. PSN may not be one of the places that does it, I'm unsure how they do it now.

Movies on the other hand, no idea how exactly they work now-a-days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    Not every place is bound to this. But some places are. PSN I think might be one of them. The game just isn't unlimited. PSN has to buy CD-Keys off the publishers and then sell those keys in the store. It just happens to all be behind the scenes. Again, not everywhere is bound to it, nor is the example I'm using 100% correct. PSN may not be one of the places that does it, I'm unsure how they do it now.
    Yeah I've seen Valve run out of keys for games in the middle of Steam sales in the past. I believe PSN and Steam both buy keys in advance still. Microsoft have a lot more money to throw at their POS system and seem to have figured out a way to generate licences and what they call 5x5's (25 digit codes) on the fly. Apple seems to be generating everything on the fly also as they imbed the owners details into the purchased files metadata as a really weak form of copy protection.

In Apple's case the reason you preorder is not because they will run out of copies. It's because the content will be available instantly when it is released and in the case of many big releases now on iTunes it may even be available to you before release. I had 5 tracks prereleased from Linkin Park's new album before it ever hit shelves. I see banners on iTunes all the time for movies including blockbusters like Star Trek Into Darkness and Frozen saying you can get it on iTunes before the official release.