Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Selling TFs isn't fun

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    I pretty much have everything catalogued on the Shmax website, so I have done most of the hard work...
    You need to be aware that if ur selling as a collection/lot u wont get anywhere near as much as if u were to sell individually

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    I'll sell them for ya But I tend to list them for prices I think they will sell reasonably quickly at, I care not for trying to get back what I paid.
    On eBay, I take a look through recently ended and sold auctions for the same or similar things and take an educated(ish) guess based on that.

Because some of these have personal value or took some effort to acquire, do you actually care who the sale goes to? Do you feel like Andy when he passes the toys to someone who will enjoy or look after them? Why would sell here instead of ebay or gumtree or other sites?

Or is it different if it's MOSC/MISB - never been played with? Also different if you are ending your collection? Just sell & don't care anymore?

Luckily I'm yet to need to sell any transformers that I have a personal connection with.

I generally sell MISB spares so don't really mind where they go, I think if I had to sell transformers I didn't want to sell, I'd be hoping they went somewhere where they would be valued and enjoyed.

I don't use Gumtree, eBay is a necessary pain, here is a great way to sell, but compared to eBay a limited audience (who probably also just bought the same spare I'm trying to sell off somewhere else).
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

It has become necessary for me to sell off my collection. Some pieces I will keep, but because my priorities have changed, I can easily let them go. Must admit it's a strange feeling. Never thought I'd be able to sell it off.

I started the hard task of selling my entire collection piece by piece last week. Its time to let go as I turn 40 in less than a month and I'm not enjoying the toys anymore. And I'm actually fine with it

I hate this selling thing. I have people asking for quotes and because I want to do it right, which involves packing said item up and measuring/weighing it to get an accurate price, it takes me ages. Literally weeks to get the time to do it. My life is so full on right now. All my time on here is done either when at work, or like now, in bed when I should be sleeping instead.

I completely understand people that refuse to post.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

a small stash of old legends and deluxe bubbles help to make the space filling easier and it has little effect on weight.

but I totally get you, it's a time consuming thing. I'd hate to be trying to make a living out of it.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    This. When I moved a few years ago and finally could see how many TFs I actually had, I started a cull that's still not done. At the start of the year I resorted to giving TFs away because nobody was interested in them, and even then some people didn't take them!

I have about a quarter of a bedroom full of stuff I'm trying to sell, or at least get to a good home. I'll lose money on most things and I'm fine with that, sick of stuff I don't want taking up space . I would ask market price for things like BotCon stuff and Genkei but loose UT deluxes or Movie legends toys... whatever the offer!

G1 accessories are annoying, but so is finding the Minicon for Armada toys, and Energon star, the correct Cyber planet key etc etc. And then all the taking the photos, making the listings, getting the packing supplies, postage quotes, carting off to the post office.

I'm too tempted to go to the op shops, like I've done with a lot of books, but I find myself thinking that the TF toys I want to get rid of are "too good" for that. They're in great shape and surely some TF collector could use them. But maybe I should just accept that getting them to some kids via an op shop
    is the better outcome.
    I think is more of setting up a rule not to fill up with 'fluff' releases that would not stand the test of time when it comes to medium - long term collectability.

Basically the person who buys all the mainstream stuff and then decides to sell will have difficulty. Mainstream releases are not as collectable as they were once.