Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast

Thread: What is the most you have spent on a TF ?

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    It was. This is a 'What if' scenario.
    oh, right

are we talking on an actual tf or in terms of tf collecting

either way it would be fort max which was 800 odd + postage

or my glass cabinets which were a 3 or 4 fort maxes in value
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    I thought that F Max re-issue was an april fools day prank..
    They never denied the rumour at the Cybertroncon in Singapore this year (as it was mentioned on the Takara panel Q&A). Word was that it may come out as a 30th year reissue but apart from that rumour, nothing confirmed from anyone official.

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Ahhh.... when I was 14.... around 2004...

I spent $500 (or $400) on a G1 Trypticon, in the box, all parts, instructions, stickers unapplied.... Box in very good condition and Fig was really nice....

My Dad... was sooo annoyed at me when he found out.... (it was my own money) but I really wanted him....

I probably paid too much at the time.. but yeah

Thats a pretty impressive buy at 14!

Quote Originally Posted by theshape View Post
    Thats a pretty impressive buy at 14!
    Too bloody right!
    Well done Chris!

And it's your own money, you cna do what you wish with it. But at 14, a really good buy.

MP-10, Takara version, about $240 shipped. Bought well before the Hasbro version was announced officially. I'm not sure whether I would have waited for the cheaper one had I known it was going to be released. I quite like the darker blue of the Takara version. It's just a beautiful model overall, I don't regret spending the money at all.

The TakaraTOMY colours are nicer IMO, but I don't think it's worth the price -- but if you already have it then you might as well keep it. It's not as if had the clairvoyance to predict that a Hasbro version would come out cheaper... if you did then you could retire and live the rest of your life as a trillionaire off lottery winnings.

I think many of us have purchased a more expensive version, then later in the future a cheaper version became available. Last year I purchased a Henkei Wheeljack from a collectable toy store in Taipei for about AU$37... then shortly after returning to Australia I found Generations Wheeljack for $25!! United Wheeljack is a nicer colour, but not worth $7 above RRP. I would have been perfectly happy getting Generations Wheeljack and saving myself $12. Gah. Likewise I paid about $50 for freaking Gentei Thundercracker... then last year Generations Thundercracker came out. I got it anyway, because I'm not happy with Gentei Thundercracker (due to mould degradation issues). So yeah, I've also experienced getting a more expensive version of a toy only to find a cheaper version locally later on.

I've not gone much north of the standard leader class price for an individual toy.

In one go, I think I burned through $400 at one of my visits to Nexus Toyfair.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.