Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152030 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers references in other media

There are Transformers in the most controversial of yesterday's Super Bowl ads, the Nationwide insurance one

(Well not really 'Transformers', some of those licensed non-converting figures of Optimus, Shockwave and Nemesis Prime.)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    There are Transformers in the most controversial of yesterday's Super Bowl ads, the Nationwide insurance one

(Well not really 'Transformers', some of those licensed non-converting figures of Optimus, Shockwave and Nemesis Prime.)
    Loyal Subjects.

I think those ads can be useful and challenge the thought process of people to not be so dismissive and negligent about the dangers around the house... but the ad should have had parents talking about what their kids were missing, and not show children, as the start draws in children's attention and has adults tuning out... missing the whole point of educating the parents.

Episode 12 in the new season of Robot Chicken has a sweet little skit with MP's
    Dapto Dog for 2017

I didn't realise that when Afro Man did the song "Because I got high" he was wearing a Decepticon T-shirt (and one I own - what does that say about what I was doing back when that was released ).

The only reason I know this is because they showed clips about him on the news tonight and him completely decking a female fan that had come up on stage because he thought is was a male heckler. Guessing he hasn't changed his smoking habits much

The TV show in Canada called "Storage Wars Canada" had someone find a bag of original series Transformers toys, which they took to a recent TFCon convention to get appraised. The clip is on Youtube and can be seen here with some details of the person and the toys in the bag.
    (the voice at the end sounds like Peter Cullen... so I wonder if the show's producers commissioned him for it - maybe he was a guest at TFCon that year)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The TV show in Canada called "Storage Wars Canada" had someone find a bag of original series Transformers toys, which they took to a recent TFCon convention to get appraised. The clip is on Youtube and can be seen here with some details of the person and the toys in the bag.
    (the voice at the end sounds like Peter Cullen... so I wonder if the show's producers commissioned him for it - maybe he was a guest at TFCon that year)
    The voice does sound a bit off though. It very well could be Cullen.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

One of the recent episodes of My Kitchen Rules had among the MANY music bits they use each episode, about 5 seconds from the start of the Rise of the Dark Spark game music.
    (yes, I played the game often enough to recognise it... and yes, I sometimes watch MKR... which is more embarrassing? )
    Last edited by griffin; 24th February 2015 at 04:50 PM. Reason: typo/grammar was bugging me :p

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    One of the recent episodes of My Kitchen Rules had among there MANY music bits they use each episode, about 5 seconds from the start of the Rise of the Dark Spark game music.
    (yes, I played the game often enough to recognise it... and yes, I sometimes watch MKR... which is more embarrassing. )
    I heard it too! Awhile back last year I also heard a section of 'Punch hold slide repeat' from the Age of Extinction score on a 60 minutes commercial multiple times.

In the Power/Rangers fan film --- the cell where Kimberley is being held, we see a lot of alien script popping up. A lot of that is actually Decepticon! Here's just one example:

The highlighted text says "Prisoner" in Decepticon.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    In the Power/Rangers fan film --- the cell where Kimberley is being held, we see a lot of alien script popping up. A lot of that is actually Decepticon! Here's just one example:

The highlighted text says "Prisoner" in Decepticon.
    Power Rangers fan film...Why haven't I heard about this?

Must be hiding under a rock