Thread: Help with paint and bonnet of MP-18B/datsuns

Default Help with paint and bonnet of MP-18B/datsuns

Hi, I bought Masterpiece 18B recently and when I took it out of the box I immediately noticed some paint issues and also the bonnet doesn't sit flush.

The silver paint on the left hand side has sort of run over or smudged over onto the blue in a couple of spots and is also on one of the wheels. Is there a safe way to clean or remove this excess paint without damaging or ruining anything else? On the bonnet on the left hand side when looking from above there are a couple of spots or marks too and the finish is different or there are some weird marks.

With the bonnet/windscreen, is there something in particular to look for to see if it is stuck or caught on something, or could be fixed? It seems like the part with the windscreen doesn't line up properly on both sides.

Some photos:
    MP-18b - Album on Imgur

Thanks

Shave it off with the sharpest small blade you have. X-acto knife, box cutter, whatever you have.

Edit only just noticed the pics link. Transform it first, just to get everything else out of the way. Don't want any accidents.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Polish Car - Remove Scratches and Scuff Marks by Hand https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ1SRuxBjn8 same principle just do it on small scale
    Tamiya fine compound http://www.bnamodelworld.com/hobby-t...odels-tm-87069 car compound is expensive and cheaper one's will be too coarse
    cutting compound is an abrasive and will remove paint/rub through paint if you rub too hard,you can use polish you would use on a car to finish off and remove light compound scratches