View Poll Results: Is Sky Shadow worth getting?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oh yes he is in deed worth getting

15 55.56%
  • Yeah maybe, only if I can get him cheap

5 18.52%
  • Possibly, I'll have to think about it

0 0%
  • I'm gonna skip him and get Overlord instead

5 18.52%
  • Nah, don't really like him at all

1 3.70%
  • Nope, have little to no interest in him.

1 3.70%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Titans Return Sky Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by doublespy View Post
    I will probably only get Overlord, but I suspect lots of comic-oriented collectors would want to get this as well to complete their Phase-sixers.
    I'm a comic fan and I don't feel the urge to get this toy as I already have the previous Generations version of this toy which, as a redeco of Thunderwing, feels like a more G1 accurate figure. And you all know that I'm not that fussed about scale.

FatalityPitt Guest

Even though this is a retool/mould-sibling of Overlord, this Sky Shadow looks surprisingly a lot like the G1 toy, looking at the robot mode and jet. I think it also looks different enough from the upcoming Overlord toy to warrant purchasing both characters.

EDIT: We've had two Sky Shadows in the Generations line so far. I wonder if Blue Bacchus will be getting his turn anytime soon. From memory, he was a helicopter (single propeller). A potential retool of Generations Springer/Sandstorm or Alpha Bravo/Blades/Vortex perhaps?
    Last edited by FatalityPitt; 25th February 2017 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Adding an additional point/remark.

I didn't have any particular attachment to this guy or Overlord, but having Sky Shadow in hand, he's one of my favourite TR molds. Every mode is great and I think he just looks better than Overlord (not that I won't buy them both anyway). I'm not thrilled about splitting in half to transform, or the heavy reliance on his weapons to complete his alt modes, but it's not enough to stop me loving this guy.

I'm keen for a Blue Bacchus to go with him, even if just a TM.

Looks great in all modes and is fun to transform. Mine is let down by QC issues including ridiculously loose arm swivels, among the loosest joints i've ever experienced on a new TF. At least they could be fixed with nail polish. But the design of the loose shoulder joints means this toy will have a much shorter useful play life for kids than an expensive leader class figure should.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    Even though this is a retool/mould-sibling of Overlord, this Sky Shadow looks surprisingly a lot like the G1 toy, looking at the robot mode and jet. I think it also looks different enough from the upcoming Overlord toy to warrant purchasing both characters.
    I agree that Hasbro appear to have done an outstanding job in trying to make Sky Shadow look a least like Overlord as possible. But I still think that the original Generations Sky Shadow looks so much more like Black Shadow, and that would be because it was a retool of Thunderwing, which the original G1 toy was as well. But obviously Hasbro needed to retool Overlord as something, and there isn't a whole lot of obvious alternatives, so Sky Shadow's about as good a choice as any, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    EDIT: We've had two Sky Shadows in the Generations line so far. I wonder if Blue Bacchus will be getting his turn anytime soon. From memory, he was a helicopter (single propeller). A potential retool of Generations Springer/Sandstorm or Alpha Bravo/Blades/Vortex perhaps?
    I'd rather they produce a Generations Blades and make it a mould-mate of Blue Bacchus. The real challenge would be Vroom. Who the hell do you redeco him as? Maruten's suggestion of having Blue Bacchus (and perhaps Crossblades and Vroom) as individual Titan Masters isn't too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruten View Post
    I'm not thrilled about splitting in half to transform, or the heavy reliance on his weapons to complete his alt modes, but it's not enough to stop me loving this guy.
    The split transformation makes perfect sense for Overlord, but yeah, it'd be weird for Black Shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipesqueak View Post
    But the design of the loose shoulder joints means this toy will have a much shorter useful play life for kids than an expensive leader class figure should.
    And adults!

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    ... obviously Hasbro needed to retool Overlord as something, and there isn't a whole lot of obvious alternatives, so Sky Shadow's about as good a choice as any, I suppose.
    Dai Atlas maybe? Like Overlord, Dai Atlas had a tank, a jet, and a base mode. But unlike Overlord, Dai Atlas was a quadruple-changer that didn't split into separate components (at least to my understanding). Thinking about it now; part of me hopes Hasbro will one day produce a Dai Atlas, retooled from Overlord/Sky Shadow. At least this way, we'd have an Autobot version of the mould.

Actually, thinking about it more; the Decepticons are out-numbering the Autobots in terms of TR Leader Class figures.

The real challenge would be Vroom. Who the hell do you redeco him as?
    If they use an existing mould, Vroom could be a retool of Combiner Wars Groove (the Deluxe). Or if they want to make a new mould for Vroom, they could retool it as Bulletbike (a G2 Decepticon) in the future.
    Last edited by FatalityPitt; 26th February 2017 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Removed a few vague/nonsensical/unneccesary words.

I would actually consider getting a Dai Atlas redeco of this mould!

I would actually consider getting a Dai Atlas redeco of this mould!
    +1!

Who cares if he had to split into two, it'd work!

Have had him for a few days but finally opened him this arvo.

Great toy. Everything it does, it does very well. Both alt modes look the business and the bot mode is pretty damn posable. The transformation is simple yet clever. I love how the bottom half forms the tank.

This is one of the best leader class toys since Animated Megatron.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Love it how this 'bot splits in two to form it's jet and tank modes because that gives more variation to my Transformers collection. Looking at the Thunderwing-like jet mode, I find it more sleek than Overlord's SR-71-like jet mode. I'm now curious to know how the impressive base mode will look hooked up to Trypticon.