Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Takara's Take on Trypticon -- LG43

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    That would be worth a share, thanks for letting me know such a comparison exists
    I'm still trying to find the bloody thing - I hope I didn't imagine it! Will keep looking for ya mate

I preordered the Tak/Tom version but then picked up the local one. But then I didn't cancel my preorder as I was worried about the hip issues and thought I might sell the Hasbro version.

Then I fixed the Hasbro version so went to cancel my Tak/Tom order and found that the toy had gone up $50AU dollars in price, but mine hadn't as this happened after my order. Knowing that I am spending a fortune but still getting him at a significant discount makes me loathe to give him up - since I got the Hasbro version at $50 off at the Big W sale means I will have saved $100 but spent $500 - don't know if Im an idiot or not .

Sigh... I just hope the differences do prove to be somewhat significant.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Sigh... I just hope the differences do prove to be somewhat significant.
    With you on that one mate. I've got both ordered too...

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    There are a few cosmetic differences:

The opaque plastic is a more luminous green
    Full-tilt is a more vibrant purple
    He comes with details already on the plastic rather than stickers

But yeah, not much difference in the long run
    There was an image floating around showing the takara (supposedly) one with no markings, whatever the case if the stickers are simply reproduced as tampo's it's going to make him just as bland as the hasbro metroplex stickers as I've never seen metallic tampos before.

I know the stock images takara put up of trypticon confirm stickers being used on the eyes since the hasbro one has the same ones (look at the head area on the ones tf_pr posted, those are stickers).

Whatever the case, the deco is *just* about identical and he'll only be worth it for the box and legends comic (and perhaps better hips if one's so lucky)

Is there a release date set for this? I thought it was august 31st but I can't find it anywhere now.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    Is there a release date set for this? I thought it was august 31st but I can't find it anywhere now.
    Should be 26th of August

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/B06...ords=trypticon

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    HLJ requested payment today and dropped it into my warehouse loot thing shortly after.

Cheapest shipping option was around $80 AUD from memory (from JPN) Funny thing though, express shipping was about 5-10 dollars cheaper than economy so go figure Should have him in a week or so

Quote Originally Posted by Ravagecat View Post
    HLJ requested payment today and dropped it into my warehouse loot thing shortly after.

Cheapest shipping option was around $80 AUD from memory (from JPN) Funny thing though, express shipping was about 5-10 dollars cheaper than economy so go figure Should have him in a week or so
    Yeah I found the same - that's pretty expensive for HLJ.

I ordered mine the day he was listed before they upped the price by 5000yen a week or two later. Wonder if they are trying to recoup their losses since they were obligated to sell those first orders at the wrong price