Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do u fill out the import clearance form?

Default How do u fill out the import clearance form?

I have ordered a seige cdr class jetfire, ldr class dotm ss44 prime and ss38 and it is expected to come in august this year.

And although the aud is at 0.60-0.70 at the moment (the total was 426.64 aud at 1aud- 0.6828 USD).
    As it could get worse, i am wondering (if i have to) how you would fill out a fill customs import form if it goes over a $1000?

You can find information about declarations for imported goods on the Australian Border Force website. Read under the heading 'Import Declaration (N10)'.

Thanks anymore help would be greaty appreciated as i have never done this before.

Like where do i get the info like flight info from?

Are you only importing the three items above in one shipment? If so, the AUD value will not exceed A$1,000 even if the exchange rate falls to US$0.50.

For the purposes of these calculations, I have estimated the USD value is around US$290. The way I worked this out was your quoted A$426 value at exchange rate A$1 = US$0.68.

For example:

$A1 = US$0.72*. Your goods would cost around A$402
    $A1 = US$0.60. Your goods would cost around $A483
    $A1 = US$0.50. Your goods would cost around A$580

* current rate 21 April 2019

The above amounts do not include foreign exchange fees, which is typically an additional 5%.

Yes 3 in one shipment

I thinking of a worse case situation where it would go below 1aud - 0.40usd or is that a rear thing to happen as it has gone down below 0.50 before in the 1990-2000 period

The lowest ever value was around US$0.47 back in the early 2000s. It would be unlikely that the AUD would drop lower than US$0.50 in the coming months. For the sake of everyone importing from the US, I hope it doesn't drop any further.

Even at the extreme exchange rate of $A1 = US$0.40, the total directly converted value is A$725. Add (worst-case) 10% foreign exchange fees, the total would be A$797.50. I believe shipping costs are excluded from the total value.

The price i gave included shipping , i got express.

Anyway Thank you for that info kovert.

The price included express shipping? Excellent!

You're welcome.

Not sure how customs is working things since sites started collecting GST last year but I imagine if I bought $500 of stuff from Amazon and $600 of stuff from HLJ at the same time I wouldn't get a bill from customs since they are two retailers that already collect GST. Is this right?

You're right. GST is applied by most major overseas online retailers to Australian orders anyway.

It appears any items over A$1,000 also incur a 5% import tax in addition to GST. The import tax is likely a processing fee.

With DELTAprime's example, it involves a shipment each from two different retailers. Each separate shipment is under A$1,000 in value. Therefore, one would assume the N10 declaration form would not be required and any other import duty is not payable.