Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: US GEN Slingshot & Wildrider confirmed - with new names

Default US GEN Slingshot & Wildrider confirmed - with new names

Looks like Slingshot and Wildrider are definitely limited edition exclusives from Hasbro, as they have appeared in a Diamond/Previews listing for May... suggesting a shared exclusive at American comic shops and ToysRUs America.
    (no idea if they will come here, or what other American sources might have them as well)

Since the names being used are Quickslinger and Brake-Neck, it shows that Hasbro America must still be missing the trademark on Slingshot and Wildrider (or recently lost Wildrider, as it was used on the 2010 BotCon set). And it shows that when Hasbro Australia were saying that "Slingshot" and "Wildrider" are not on their release listing, it was technically correct... in that they are not general release toys, and, those Gen1 names would not have shown up on any future product listings - so even if they are coming here in some way, Hasbro Australia wouldn't have known that Quickslinger and Brake-Neck are the current names for those characters.

At least if they do come out in May, and don't get released here, those people going to BotCon in June might have a chance at finding them if somewhere like TRU gets them... or BBTS (who will charge a lot more than retail for them in the Dealer Room like they did for Metroplex in 2013).

Hmm, Quickslinger and Break-Neck were the names used for their Kre-O versions so must be what Hasbro consider "close enough" for their current names.

Other is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I wouldn't worry about not being able to get the two of them if Diamond is carrying them, if it goes anything like the similarly released Marvel Legends Jubilee wave you should be able to get them from places such as BBTS' webstore or maybe even your local comic book shop(depending on if they're willing or able to order them in of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Hmm, Quickslinger and Break-Neck were the names used for their Kre-O versions so must be what Hasbro consider "close enough" for their current names.
    Yes, Kreo and BotShots have used those names now, which must mean they can't even use "Autobot" and "Decepticon" as a prefix either.

Awesome news. I was actually settling into Alpha Bravo quite well. It's a team of six for me, then. If Slingshot returns to the team in the books, what will his encounter with AB be like? I can imagine Wildrider breaking out in a fight against Offroad.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

From the official Transformers Facebook page:

"Ask, and you shall receive. Here are the Generations Combiner Wars Quickslinger and Brake-Neck. They’ll be joining the battle and hitting online retailers in May!"

What a stupid fan baiting move by Hasbro.

Nice Wildrider head on Brake-neck though

Hope they do come to Australia as at least a store exclusive
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

If they become widely available enough I'm tempted to cancel my Superion order with HLJ I have just to get Slingshot