Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Combiner Wars Listings

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Um Autobot Stripes? --> Can anyone enlighten me? Stripes? Super boring name. Has there been a Stripes before, unless he's a combiner Tiger!
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    Who is Stripes?
    Stripes is a deleted character from TFTM. He was released as a repaint of Ravage with Encore Broadblast.

Combaticons? Hell yeah.

Rewind? Even better (and the possibility of a Blaster or Soundwave)

Smokescreen (if he's done from Dead End/Streetwise)? Cool with me.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I'd be up for a decent Rewind and Stripes.

Regarding Stripes, check out the tfwiki page here.

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    Good to have confirmation on the Combaticons.

I remember Scattorshot was in some listings a while back, did the rest of the Technobots ever surface?
    Not yet a confirmation as it is an anonymous source... but they have apparently been fairly good in the past with these "computer listings".

We haven't seen names for the Deluxe Technobots though, just Voyager Scattershot.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    All these reuses and reshelling of a few toys for so many characters.... This makes me think of Micromasters. A few base transformations in different colours and shells.

Personally, I don't think we need CW Prowl, Ironhide, Trailbreaker, Sunstreaker, Mirage, Wheeljack, etc. I'd actually like it they were either new characters, or obscure characters. Instead of those Autobots above, why not CW Stakeout, Tote, Freewheeler, Tailspin and Roadhandler?
    I think they'd be good ideas for future redecos, but for Hasbro marketing to Retailers, they will keep recycling the more iconic names as much as possible... to the point of overkill with Bumblebee and Optimus.
    Maybe we'll see them from FunPub...

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    What mould do you think they'll use for Wheeljack; Breakdown?
    I would hope that this second series of combiners have mostly new moulds, as this first series (of 6 Voyagers, 16 Deluxe and 2 store exclusive Deluxe) will have recycled a fair few by the time the fourth wave is out... so re-re-using them too often will start to get a bit boring, and feel very forced with certain characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    Rewind, cool! Can't wait to see what we get as a figure. I hope he does the comic character justice.
    I wonder what his alt mode will be. Glad I didn't shell out cash for the TFCC FSS fig.

All these reuses and reshelling of a few toys for so many characters.... This makes me think of Micromasters. A few base transformations in different colours and shells.

Personally, I don't think we need CW Prowl, Ironhide, Trailbreaker, Sunstreaker, Mirage, Wheeljack, etc. I'd actually like it they were either new characters, or obscure characters. Instead of those Autobots above, why not CW Stakeout, Tote, Freewheeler, Tailspin and Roadhandler?
    With the already simplistic transformations, would be more cool if the remoulds were actually Micromasters.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by fatbot View Post
    Wheeljack-b5605
    Smokescreen- b5607
    Trailbreaker- b5608
    Rewind-b5612
    Wreckgar-b5611
    Don't know how I feel about ^these^ guys since they have all been released already in CHUG in the 2006 Classicsverse style. Given the current line's designs feel reminiscent of the 2006 line with the "give G1 characters a modern makeover" feel and I'm happy with what I have, they will have to blow me away.

I don't mind the Combaticons being redone since they were done in the WFC era style of the Aligned Universe and they sucked, really badly...
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Don't know how I feel about ^these^ guys since they have all been released already in CHUG in the 2006 Classicsverse style. Given the current line's designs feel reminiscent of the 2006 line with the "give G1 characters a modern makeover" feel and I'm happy with what I have, they will have to blow me away.
    I'm of the same thought, as soon as I heard of the rumoured Sunstreaker wave, I decided that unless they were awesome, I'd most likely pass. I'm almost at the stage where my collection is "finished" - i.e. I've almost collected all the available characters issues in the "Classics-verse" lines. Naturally, if there's something "better" than what I've already got for that character, I'll pick it up - like Generations Jetfire replacing Henkei Skyfire in my collection.

I don't mind the Combaticons being redone since they were done in the WFC era style of the Aligned Universe and they sucked, really badly...
    I don't think the sucked that badly, no where near as good as the CW lines of course, but there were a few things/ideas about Bruticus I liked, but due to the low budget of the whole FOC line, they weren't really realised to their full potential, mainly being the integrated AND differently shaped hands & feet. There's just something in my mind that likes the idea of a robot being made up of five or more other robots not having symetrical limbs, and I liked the fact that there were no "extra" parts needed to make the full combiner.

It sounds like Combiner Wars have been on Hasbro's ideas plate for quite a while, and Bruticus was an attempt to see how the market would react - a bit of a failed experiment, but I think that's more due to budgetary constraints than anything... I would have liked to see more combiners that didn't require extra pieces (like hands or feet) to be complete, even if it wasn't G1 accurate in that sense.

Stripes is a deleted character from TFTM. He was released as a repaint of Ravage with Encore Broadblast.
    Aaah, thanks PB. I remember that one now.
    So very much this. Although I do like the FOC Combaticons, they weren't all that great.

They have shown up in the Battle Tactics game and it's kinda hard to tell what moulds they are based on. Swindle certainly looks set on his G1 body. Bruticus has a really nice gun though!

Some more possible Series 2 Combiner Wars toys from the same source I think.

These are just Legions, but lends more weight to the rumour of a Soundwave remould of the Voyager Optimus toy.

Ravage (Batch Code B7022)
    Rumble (Batch Code B7023)
    Wheelie (Batch Code B7024)

If they do have a Soundwave coming from the Voyager Optimus toy, I hope it isn't just using the combiner form plugging in the "cassettes" to the chest like Blackjack, as it's homage to Gen1 Soundwave.