Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BotCon registration for Non-attendees TONIGHT (Thursday)

Default BotCon registration for Non-attendees TONIGHT (Thursday)

EDIT Thursday 28/6 - an email from FunPub has them aiming to allow non-attendees to buy boxsets from midnight tonight (East Australia time)... but they will email confirmation of that before it happens.

Just making it obvious for those who haven't been able to follow the running commentary in the BotCon News topic, when they tried to open up Registration today, it was allowing for non-attendees as well.

So just in case they get it working tomorrow (from midnight Eastern Australia Time tonight), get yourselves ready if you were planning to buy a non-attendee boxset if they still haven't separated the two groups.

The registration link is here, but in case it is changed for tomorrow, it will be on the BotCon page here.
    REMEMBER to log into the club store first if you are a member, otherwise you might have to pay more, or might have trouble ordering at all.

For those planning to get a boxset, PLEASE consider helping out others in your area who want a loose set or boxset, and you can both save a little on postage.
    Last edited by griffin; 28th May 2015 at 03:40 PM.

For the non-attendees staying up tonight, it looks like they won't be taking non-attendee purchases today, to see if it helps lighten the load.

I apologize for the errors our vendor continues to cause us. Since they are our vendor, we take complete responsibility. We are going to try one more time with this system. They are doubling the servers we will be starting with from the last round.

To lighten the load slightly, we will only start with Attending packages. We have Non-attending sets and loose sets set aside for you guys and will allow Non-attending registrations after the load is past for the attending items. The Non-attending packages are turned off so there is no way you can pick one. Please wait until we give you the go-ahead.

If for whatever reason this system fails again, we will do registration a completely different way which is a semi manual system.

Registration retry email coming in a bit.
    If they can get registration to work without it today, it sounds like they will open it up to non-attendees when the initial surge is passed... which could be later today, or tomorrow (depending on how many people have been completely put off attending after all this).

Stay tuned to the BotCon facebook page or here.

On facebook they are saying about non-attendees "maybe a few days" after attendees, so any non-attendees that are still up can probably go to bed now, as you will have at least a day or two AFTER whenever attendee registration starts.

They just emailed saying nonattending is tomorrow morning....

And jsut went for a look incase someone hit a button i like.... but Authorize.net is down again

Yes, if they do open it up in the morning (Texas time), it will start here shortly after midnight tonight... so get ready if you are aiming to buy a non-attendee pack.

We will open non-attending registration in the morning. I'll send out an email when we turn it on.
    I will probably be up, so I'll keep an eye out for the email.

Still no word from FunPub on if or when this is happening, and they've been open for 90 minutes already today.

Sorry guys (if anyone was staying up for this)... based on this, it could be any time at all today really.
    But at least they shouldn't sell out if the attendee boxsets were no where near selling out yesterday. (unless all those missing attendees are now buying non-attendee sets)

If you do wait up for it, just keep in mind that I think you need to log into the Club Store first from the TransformersClub website, as I saw someone getting charged an extra $100 for not logging into the Store first.
    The new registration site has you log in as well, but mustn't be linked to the Club Store to know if you are a paid member. (not sure why though as it is able to know if your log-in details are correct)

Just got the email:

Hello Everyone!

Non-Attending registration is now open. There is a limited number of non-attending sets available. When we run out, at a later date we will load the leftover attending sets (if available) into non-attending as we must keep those in stock for fans that want to travel to the event.

So, if you don't get a non-attending set now, we will let you know in the future when (if any) additional sets become available.

These sets will ship 3-4 weeks after the staff returns from BotCon. Also, note that the Priority Mail number of days listed in the shipping section is the service the Post Office offers and not a guarantee that the items will come in that number of days. All Priority Mail is a 2-5 day service and can actually take longer than that.

Please go to BotCon.com and click the registration button.

Thanks for your support!

Brian

....and..... It's down again

At least there's a silver lining.... I never checked the prices and didn't have enough funds on the CC..... Will be able to top it up before I need it now

I read that it was indeed back down after just a couple hours this morning, and now they have sent out a message to say that they can't take calls at the moment because of the recent flooding in Texas has washed out phone lines.
    So even if you can get in and a problem occurs, it might be a few days before you can call them to fix it.

They also sent this email out just before they walked out the door at the end of the day there (it was sent at about 8.30 here, which is 5.30pm there)...

We will be turning the system back on shortly after making some changes this afternoon. We do ask that you register on a computer and not a mobile device. We have seen some issue with those registrations and we are in process of correcting them.

Also, please DO NOT use Internet Explorer. It also causes issues.
    Well that's weird... as Internet Explorer was the ONLY browser/device I could get it to work with. It didn't work for me on Firefox, or on my phone, but did work on Explorer.