Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Maximum Dinobots

Loved #1, and Nick is gonna be doing some trouser shattering in #2 - the preview looks awesome. Hot Rod is totally pwned!
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

Looking at the earlier Grimlock spotlight I did notice that Grimlock's design had changed, but I liked that they threw in a line to explain it (by him reflecting that he had only been able to make cosmetic changes to his form).

got the first issue yesterday

wasn't very impressed, but i know they need to do the whole backstory thing for new readers.

I also dont like how the IDW universe is going far into the future with AHM and then back to the past with Maximum Deenobots and then all over the place with the Spotlight issues

and then for new readers, you must hunt down all the spotlight issues that tie in with Minimum Dynobots, seems a bit silly to Roller

Spoiler warning

Spoiler warning

And whats with Hunter?

I thought he would be inside Sunstreakers vehicle mode, maybe part of the car, it sounds like he is missing-the hologram says something like that

IDW Headmasters don't disconnect from their bodies when transforming. They stay in head mode while the body is in vehicle mode, and so Hunter needs to be projected as a holoavatar.

Sunstreaker's real head is missing, Machination took it away. In Devastation 4-5, Sunstreaker was so desperate to escape the Machination that he shunted nearly all of his consciousness into Hunter without telling him.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

The merging of the two consciousness between Dante and Scorponok appears to have occured far more rapidly than it did in G1 between Zarak and Scorpie. It'll be interesting to see if this merger occurs with Hunter and Sunstreaker as we've never seen a true mind-meld like that between an Autobot and his binary bonded parter since Optimus Prime and Hi-Q... and even then, let's face it, it was pretty much Optimus Prime's personality that took over. Hi-Q's consciousness was effectively smothered when he was merged with Prime. Fortress Maximus and Spike had a symbiotic mental bond, but both consciousnesses remained independent of each other (moreso for Spike though). Hunter and Sunstreaker could become the first proper mind merge between an Autobot and his bonded partner! Hrmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    IDW Headmasters don't disconnect from their bodies when transforming. They stay in head mode while the body is in vehicle mode, and so Hunter needs to be projected as a holoavatar.

Sunstreaker's real head is missing, Machination took it away. In Devastation 4-5, Sunstreaker was so desperate to escape the Machination that he shunted nearly all of his consciousness into Hunter without telling him.
    What's more is that the Machination seem to need Sunstreaker's head to help control/utilise all the Sunstreaker clones.

I assume that if/when Streaker gets his head back the Machination will have no way to use their Streaker clones anymore.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I assume it's because the Machination Sunstreakers are like Transtectors - sparkless bodies. No idea what happened to Sunstreaker's real body, as it would contain his spark casing.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The merging of the two consciousness between Dante and Scorponok appears to have occured far more rapidly than it did in G1 between Zarak and Scorpie. It'll be interesting to see if this merger occurs with Hunter and Sunstreaker as we've never seen a true mind-meld like that between an Autobot and his binary bonded parter since Optimus Prime and Hi-Q... and even then, let's face it, it was pretty much Optimus Prime's personality that took over. Hi-Q's consciousness was effectively smothered when he was merged with Prime. Fortress Maximus and Spike had a symbiotic mental bond, but both consciousnesses remained independent of each other (moreso for Spike though). Hunter and Sunstreaker could become the first proper mind merge between an Autobot and his bonded partner! Hrmmm...
    I SERIOUSLY, SERIOUSLY doubt they'll have Sunstreaker and Hunter truly merge now. Hail and Farewell was Simon Furman's glimpse into his future storylines (at the time he didn't know All Hail Megatron had already canceled his plans), and we saw Hunter and Sunstreaker merged together, in that Hunter's family are now Sunstreaker's family.

Considering the stuff Furman had to drop, I think we'll see the Hunter plotline over-FINISHED by the end of Maximum Dinobots so Sunstreaker can go hang out with Sideswipe in AHM

IDW doesn't like complex storylines anymore.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    I assume it's because the Machination Sunstreakers are like Transtectors - sparkless bodies. No idea what happened to Sunstreaker's real body, as it would contain his spark casing.
    I assumed that Hunter merged with Sunstreaker's actual body when he escaped the Machination, but need to reread to be sure.

Meanwhile i_amtrunks I like the term "Streakers" for the clones. About time there was an Autobot equivalent term for "Seekers"

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I assumed that Hunter merged with Sunstreaker's actual body when he escaped the Machination, but need to reread to be sure.
    I think Hunter only merged with the head suit, much like Dante has with Scorponoks head, I think that if needed, Hunter could leave the head suit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Meanwhile i_amtrunks I like the term "Streakers" for the clones. About time there was an Autobot equivalent term for "Seekers"
    But the clones technically are not Autobots...
    I think if we call the Sunstreaker clones "the Streakers" it would benefit us all, if we dare call them "the Clones" we may get the ire of the Star Wars fans!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    I think Hunter only merged with the head suit, much like Dante has with Scorponoks head, I think that if needed, Hunter could leave the head suit as well.
    Oh, no I meant that I thought the body Hunter combined with was the original Sunstreaker body, but it could have been a "streaker". I don't recall exactly what happened in those final issues of Devastation.