Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Animated movie release date

I forgot about those Armada DVDs. Collecting a series three or four episodes at a time is a pain though, even though those DVDs eventually ended up in the bargain bins. I'm pretty sure none of RID got a release here but I've been thinking about that recently and wouldn't mind rewatching it if I can track down an o/s copy.

Default Bad news about Animated season boxsets in Aust...

It looks like we're getting "volumes" rather than season boxsets, with 4 episodes per volume...

Vol 2:

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/801181

Vol 1:

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/800283

Which if tradition holds means those two might be the only two volumes

Has anyone got the "Roll out" DVD? I saw it in Big W the other day and it says it includes 2 Transformer Animated short cartoons as well and I'm wondering what those are?

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Those were mentioned at BotCon - Cybertron boxset, Animated 'movie', and Animated Season 1 - all being released within the next few months in America, and probably here as well, thanks to Paramount being international.
    I hate the way the first 3 episodes of Animated are called a Movie, and are not considered part of Season 1. It throws out the count of episodes (13 eps to a season), and allows Paramount to sell 2 DVD releases, for more profit, at our expense.
    Yea, there's going to be a season release, from ep4 onwards.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...ox-art-165258/

I too hate how they do this, and the crap they pulled with cybertron was frigging annoying too. The season is nothing without episodes 1-3, and they sure arn't a movie. The 1986 version is a movie because it has a beginning and an end and uses established characters and lore. Three starter episodes are way off the mark. 3 episodes taped together for a run time of ~86mins != a movie.

If they were truely going to do a movie, it should be now following on from the end of season 2, or following season 3, then continue the regular episode seasons after.

So much potential wasted by the same types of dipshites that think flashing promos during shows are what kids want to see.
    ________
    MAZDA PERSONA HISTORY
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Which if tradition holds means those two might be the only two volumes

Has anyone got the "Roll out" DVD? I saw it in Big W the other day and it says it includes 2 Transformer Animated short cartoons as well and I'm wondering what those are?
    The 2 Animated shorts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STZYKYGKra8

Looks like I'll be ordering in the US *complete* season then. More convenient, cheaper, and quicker to get the entire season.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    It looks like we're getting "volumes" rather than season boxsets, with 4 episodes per volume...
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Looks like I'll be ordering in the US *complete* season then. More convenient, cheaper, and quicker to get the entire season.
    Don't people read my posts anymore???...
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...0404#post30404

Sorry missed it due to location...

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Sorry missed it due to location...
    Hehe... I'm just kiddin'

And that is why I always insist on having a DVD player that I can set to Region 0 (you all remember my little episode getting a new DVD player last new year).

I agree w/ griffin about paramount's expoitiveness in having the pilot as a separate movie and not including it as part of season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by roller
    Armada had a chinese release as a complete boxset, the eps also have the option of the American dub. Whether its completely legal or not....

who cares i got all Armada eps
    Bugger Armada, I got Micron Legend!