Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: aucbay on eBay = Douche

Default aucbay on eBay = Douche

aucbay, or Primal's Axalon is the name of his eBay store, is a US seller of Transformers parts.

He is one of the biggest douches going around. He lists good looking parts but states exorbitant prices for international postage. Up to $55usd to post a single missile etc.

I've had an email stoush with him before but I thought I'd share the latest one with you.

I'd hoped his attitude toward actually making a sale and helping a customer might have mellowed. I was wrong.

I wrote:

Hi.

If I was to win upward of 10 of your Beast Wars Parts auctions, how much would postage be to Australia? I can't see it being anywhere near the price you seem to chanrge for a single item. Cheers
    To which I received in reply:

If it is all parts $35 via express mail
    To which I replied with:

Hi. Thanks for the info. It stills seems a bit pricey though, so would I have a guarantee that I'd be refunded whatever money was left over if the cost of postage ended up being less than $35?
    To which I received in reply:

No cause a box costs money to. I recomend u purchase from
    simeone else who ships first class international
    thx have a good day
    To which I replied with:

That would be an expensive box.

Why even offer International postage if you're simply going to go out of your way to be unhelpful to overseas bidders?

I'm trying to put some cash in your pocket but you're finding every excuse for me not to, and then fob me off by directing me to source another seller. It all seems very back to front.

Sorry for being such an inconvenience to you and your business.
    To which I am now awaiting a reply but do not expect to receive one.

As I said, douche.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

You know whats funny, I was looking at some of his auctions today. I do believe charging that much for postage is ridiculous. Wankers.

A fair few US sellers do this to International buyers unfortunately.

If they don't want to ship overseas or wish to charge exorbitantly for it that's their prerogative. Why would you keep harassing them with niggling emails?

Quote Originally Posted by SamLoi888 View Post
    If they don't want to ship overseas or wish to charge exorbitantly for it that's their prerogative. Why would you keep harassing them with niggling emails?
    Because he wants to buy Transformers at a FAIR price.

They shouldn't be trying to make money off of postage - that's the post office's job.

To ship 2 lb (1kg) via Express is $39.00
    To ship 1 lb (.5kg) via Express is $33.50
    The minimum charge for Express is $28.95

If anyone wants it bad enough they will pay that amount.......I bet most of us who buy accessories to complete transformers have had cases where we don't agree with the postage amount but have still paid just to get it!!!

If you dont agree then just walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by SamLoi888 View Post
    Kaiden is correct. I actually want to buy these items, instead of them coming up in the searches I do of eBay.

BW parts don't come up that often, they aren't as readily available as G1 parts seem to be. There aren't 2nd hand stores lining the internet stocked with parts. There are a couple of online stores but there stock is minimal.

So when you do find a resource it gets you a bit excited. But an unhelpful seller who would rather pay relisting fees than actually sell items is a douche in my books.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

One thing I (still) don't understand is why eBay sellers always quote high prices and seem to charge more for shipping. I've discovered from buying privately on TFW that shipping from the US is nowhere near as much as these (to use the colloquial term used above) wankers charge.

For example, I've had:

AM Prowl complete and 7 MMs - shipped for US$8
    Misc lot of 12 MMs - shipped for US$7
    TM Blurr - shipped for US$9

And all the above arrived within 1.5 weeks.

So I still can't understand how these douche-bags charge so high as if the world was oblivious to their evil.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    One thing I (still) don't understand is why eBay sellers always quote high prices and seem to charge more for shipping.
    I think, as jaydisc, points out, that it comes down to an insistance on using Express mail, which then covers them if there's a PayPal scam (which happens) - they're not covered if they use the untrackable, regular, First Class Air. The problem with First Class Air is delivery can't be confirmed - so if a buyer claims the item didn't arrive and demands PayPal protection, there's no way to check if it's a legit claim or a scam.

These guys are running businesses and I guess have decided it's worthwhile for them to outprice some international buyers rather than risk PayPal scams.

It's a little silly of PayPal, since it shifts a huge cost for that coverage to the buyer - in the case of small items we're looking at the postage tripling. And since the shipments need to go to the PayPal address, international buyers can't use a proxy address (although I guess a US based friend couled buy and then ship on, regular mail). A better solution would be to incorporate a fee at the buyer's end (say a $1 fee if 1st Class Air is used).

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister