Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: OTCA Stop Motion Project?

Surely we can do stories without Optimus and Megatron, like a certain famous comic series... *cough* wreckers *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    I like your thinking Kup, but that Kaon story sounds like it would involve a big production budget.
    Not really, All that is needed is just a war gaming board scenery.

The hardest thing to budget would be the basic things we would need for any sort of stop motion project and that's the camera and stands.

Surely we can do stories without Optimus and Megatron, like a certain famous comic series... *cough* wreckers *cough*
    Yeah, we dont need Megs and Optimus, we can do an awesome story without them

I personally dont have any ideas for the plot right now though

Red face

Would like to help out on this; sounds fascinating (daunting too seeing all those involved so far are higher ranked)

The only things I am capable of doing:

1. Making up story. I've been a writer for a few years but considering English is my second language, and the fact that my knowledge of classic TF is pathetically limited I'd stay on the safe side by saying that I can contribute some silly ideas to meddle things up.

2. If you have Arcee in the scene, and wouldn't mind promoting a multicultural Australia by giving Arcee a bit of Chinese accent, I'm confident to be her voice.

3. Soundtrack. However no confidence at all. Putting pieces of original G1 and movie background music together to fit into the scenes of the stop-motion is my idea and I think I'm good at picking the right piece. However I have no techniques of putting the music in. (I don't even have the actual G1 soundtrack for that matter, only the music roaring in my head) So it would definitely be ideas only and the real action part will need a mix tape guru.

God I wish I can have the entire TF knowledge library uploaded to my brain so I can be of better use here.*

Quote Originally Posted by Arcee View Post
    Would like to help out on this; sounds fascinating (daunting too seeing all those involved so far are higher ranked)

1. Making up story. I've been a writer for a few years but considering English is my second language, and the fact that my knowledge of classic TF is pathetically limited I'd stay on the safe side by saying that I can contribute some silly ideas to meddle things up.

2. If you have Arcee in the scene, and wouldn't mind promoting a multicultural Australia by giving Arcee a bit of Chinese accent, I'm confident to be her voice.

3. Soundtrack. However no confidence at all. Putting pieces of original G1 and movie background music together to fit into the scenes of the stop-motion is my idea and I think I'm good at picking the right piece. However I have no techniques of putting the music in. (I don't even have the actual G1 soundtrack for that matter, only the music roaring in my head) So it would definitely be ideas only and the real action part will need a mix tape guru.

God I wish I can have the entire TF knowledge library uploaded to my brain so I can be of better use here.*
    I can write something rough and then you can help me refine it.

Last time I wrote something extensive was for my WoW RPG guild years ago. I thought I did a pretty good job, better than Blizzard in maintaining continuity integrity and picking up bits from existing lore without contradicting or changing them.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post

Last time I wrote something extensive was for my WoW RPG guild years ago. I thought I did a pretty good job, better than Blizzard in maintaining continuity integrity and picking up bits from existing lore without contradicting or changing them.
    Honored to help, Kup

1. Looking forward to seeing what yourself and Kup can come up with.
    2. I think having Arcee as a character would be great if she fits into the storyline, I've also no problem with her having an Asian Accent but so long as she doesn't get relegated to the Wet-Nurse role she had in the Headmasters Cartoon; I know that was purely because of Japanese Cultural Reasons of the time but I think that many TF Females have shown since that they are very capable and likeable characters when it come to plot/action and such.
    3. Music is quite often key to carrying over a message or feeling within a scene so if you think you're able to do that, then I say go for it!

*With regards to your wish, Goktimus_Prime is probably one of the closest to achieving this that I know of - But there is always here.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post

Sounds like this could get very intruding...

I was gonna type my response to this, but I'd pretty much be repeating everything Hursti said, so I did

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    1. Looking forward to seeing what yourself and Kup can come up with.
    2. I think having Arcee as a character would be great if she fits into the storyline, I've also no problem with her having an Asian Accent but so long as she doesn't get relegated to the Wet-Nurse role she had in the Headmasters Cartoon; I know that was purely because of Japanese Cultural Reasons of the time but I think that many TF Females have shown since that they are very capable and likeable characters when it come to plot/action and such.
    3. Music is quite often key to carrying over a message or feeling within a scene so if you think you're able to do that, then I say go for it!

*With regards to your wish, Goktimus_Prime is probably one of the closest to achieving this that I know of - But there is always here.
    Theme: G1 / Classics

Central Plot/Theme: Something to do with Australia (as it is OTCA)? Energon hidden in Uluru ?

Writers/Storymakers:
    Firestorm?
    Kup?
    Skywarp91

Animators:
    Skywarp91

Storyboards:
    Skywarp91
    Hursticon?

Sound Organiser:
    Haphazard?

Contributors:

======================================

Story 1:
    Written by ____________________

Story 2:
    Written by ____________________

Story 3:
    Written by_____________________

Story 4: 'Mad Megtaron'
    Written by Skywarp (story coming later)
    Energon hidden in Uluru... it could work,
    so, since this is Ozformers we'd probably be wise to include Outback as one of the characters

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    Energon hidden in Uluru... it could work,
    so, since this is Ozformers we'd probably be wise to include Outback as one of the characters

Might also want to consider that Uranium mine hidden in Kakadu NP? That would be a burst of energon there and you could easily get a big herd of salties into fighting the dinobots.

Might also want to consider that Uranium mine hidden in Kakadu NP? That would be a burst of energon there and you could easily get a big herd of salties into fighting the dinobots.
    I'm smelling the makings of an excellent plot point for a Beast Wars crossover...