Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Release dates for next 3 Transformers movies set by Paramount

Quote Originally Posted by Smint View Post
    No one's asking for a bumblebee movie because no one cares about him. No one cares because they put more effort into John Malkovich and Ken jeongs character than bb. The only people that care in the slightest are the g1 fans.

I say just keep making movies about optimus prime. At least we get Cullen.
    Hey Paramount, if you need a plot for the Bumblebee movie why not make Bumblebee's Dangerous Mission or Bumblebee to the Rescue!

I care about G1 Bumblebee but the character in the movies isn't that Bumblebee except for similar colours.

I like the robot who's outmatched by all his opponents but still goes in to dangerous situations. The spy who's small size lets him get where others can't. The Bumblebee who turns off his equilibrium circuit and enjoys a teacups ride.

Not the silent, bad ass warrior who urinates on humans, brawls with his colleagues and sulks in the garage. I like the Bumblebee who defeats Ravage by blinding him with his headlights, not by ripping the Con's spine out!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    A mention of the Bumblebee movie, being a cheaper production.
    Which doesn't fill me with excitement. I'd be OK with a bumblebee movie if it focussed on Bumblebee but as soon as they talk about spending less money, I can see there being less shots of bumblebee in robot mode or transforming and therefore less bumblebee. unless the whole movie is about him travelling around in Alt mode being covert.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

well said Paul
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Smint View Post
    No one's asking for a bumblebee movie because no one cares about him. No one cares because they put more effort into John Malkovich and Ken jeongs character than bb. The only people that care in the slightest are the g1 fans.

I say just keep making movies about optimus prime. At least we get Cullen.
    And yet he is one of the franchises most recognisable characters, they sell millions of toys based on him every time a movie comes out and I know when I ask most anyone 15 or under who their favourite character is they say 'Bumblebee!' despite most kids never having seen G1

Odd for a character that 'no one cares about'. Also odd that the movie studios would choose to make a movie about him if no one cares, you'd think those silly buggers would have done a bit of market research before investing in it

So much money and attention and success for a character no one cares about - he truly is an anomaly eh - just can't wrap my head around it myself but then I'm not the brightest bikkie I guess

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post

Odd for a character that 'no one cares about'. Also odd that the movie studios would choose to make a movie about him if no one cares, you'd think those silly buggers would have done a bit of market research before investing in it

So much money and attention and success for a character no one cares about - he truly is an anomaly eh - just can't wrap my head around it myself but then I'm not the brightest bikkie I guess
    My son will buy every Optimus on the shelf, but has no interest in Bumblebee (he liked him for the first few months he was in to Transformers Prime but that's it) and my son IS the target audience. My daughter adores Optimus so she is probably bias but she won't even look at Bumblebee figures.
    Similarly, when you look at shelves here in HK, of the 2 "main" characters they fill the shelves with, Optimus always sells eventually but Bumblebee shelf-warms... so to be honest as both a fan of the franchise AND a parent I do scratch my head at the choice of Bumblebee as a stand alone movie. It always warms my heart when I see a kid (not even my own) lovingly grab an Optimus off the shelf and cuddle it to bits (never seen a kid do that with a Bumblebee). Bumblebee costumes had to be given away as freebies from AoE because no one would buy them (meanwhile the equivalent Optimus costumes sold out (and my son STILL plays with his AoE Optimus stuff while he has never worn the free Bumblebee one we were reluctantly given)).
    So unless the opposite is true in the US and their Bumblebees fly off the shelves in kids hands it really doesn't make sense to keep saturating the market with a character people and kids seem to be sick of. *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    In the latest installment of “Transformers,” two-time Academy Award nominee Mark Wahlberg is returning to reprise his role as Cade Yeager, and Daytime Emmy Awards nominee Peter Cullen returns as the voice of Optimus Prime.
    Gosh - surprised to see them name Peter Cullen next to Marky Mark. I'm delighted of course, but I always got the impression Bay didn't consider the likes of Cullen and Welker as "real actors". He certainly always seems to overlook them for the "world premieres"...
    If this is a new direction of proper recognition then I'll be happy. The voices behind the Transformers deserve to be spotlighted - especially those that have done so much for the franchise for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    My son will buy every Optimus on the shelf, but has no interest in Bumblebee (he liked him for the first few months he was in to Transformers Prime but that's it) and my son IS the target audience. My daughter adores Optimus so she is probably bias but she won't even look at Bumblebee figures.
    Similarly, when you look at shelves here in HK, of the 2 "main" characters they fill the shelves with, Optimus always sells eventually but Bumblebee shelf-warms... so to be honest as both a fan of the franchise AND a parent I do scratch my head at the choice of Bumblebee as a stand alone movie. It always warms my heart when I see a kid (not even my own) lovingly grab an Optimus off the shelf and cuddle it to bits (never seen a kid do that with a Bumblebee). Bumblebee costumes had to be given away as freebies from AoE because no one would buy them (meanwhile the equivalent Optimus costumes sold out (and my son STILL plays with his AoE Optimus stuff while he has never worn the free Bumblebee one we were reluctantly given)).
    So unless the opposite is true in the US and their Bumblebees fly off the shelves in kids hands it really doesn't make sense to keep saturating the market with a character people and kids seem to be sick of. *shrugs*
    Well there ya go, maybe it's the school I work at and/or the little town I live in where BB seems to be so popular

Personally I'm not thrilled at the idea of a stand alone BB flick but I understand why they would use a proven character as a test-bed for their first character specific TF movie. By the sounds of it they intend to make a lot of movies like that. I'll just be hanging out for the Gears/Spiderman crossover flick

-sticks up hand quietly- I'm just over the target audience age and uh, I don't really like Bumblebee... -goes and sits in corner-
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

I want a Downshift movie.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Well there ya go, maybe it's the school I work at and/or the little town I live in where BB seems to be so popular

Personally I'm not thrilled at the idea of a stand alone BB flick but I understand why they would use a proven character as a test-bed for their first character specific TF movie. By the sounds of it they intend to make a lot of movies like that. I'll just be hanging out for the Gears/Spiderman crossover flick
    By your own admission you're not thrilled by a BB movie and you've seen them all in gold class.

I'm saying we all could have been excited by a BB movie had they not have made some bone headed decisions with him like not let him talk. As he's portrayed in the movie he's a slight step up from expendable background character.

OP is only the character that's fleshed out and that makes me want to see more of him. But that's just me, im sure there are people who wants to see more of Iron Hide or Drift or whoever the rest are.