Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Headmaster cartoon

benben2142 Guest

Smile Headmaster cartoon

Post all your transformer headmaster questions here. Have you all seen the episode Zarak, the shadow emperor, I loved the part when Hardhead sings the headmaster opening it’s funny.

There's already a thread for all things G1 - including the G1 cartoon (which The Headmaster counts as being part of) here.

I have one thing to say about the headmaster toon, its utterly bland, near on unwatchable unless you listen to the horribly hilarious English dub, its the only way I can sit through the show without wanting to tear my eyes out, rip off my ears and choke myself with them.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    I have one thing to say about the headmaster toon, its utterly bland, near on unwatchable unless you listen to the horribly hilarious English dub, its the only way I can sit through the show without wanting to tear my eyes out, rip off my ears and choke myself with them.
    Don't sugarcoat it, Gutsman Heavy, tell us how you really feel lol

There was a thread about the cartoon on the old board, many of us watching it for the first time on DVD, so this thread is fine to exist. Even if some of us don't like it and some like me keep finding other things to watch first.

benben2142 Guest

It’s so terribly they call Soundblaster (New Soundwave), they also call Blaster (Billy) Matrix (Power pack). On that episode that I mentioned Hardhead sings really bad, also when does Scorponok show his real identity?

Why do you continue to watch the dubs when you know that they suck so bad?!?!?!? If you don't like the dubs - don't watch them!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy
    How do the English dubs make the show any better??

And I don't think the show is that bland - at least, not as a follow-up from Season 3. And IMO it's a helluva lot better than The Rebirth. Okay, Daniel and Wheelie still suck - but sadly that was already established in prior canon. At least Wheelie doesn't speak in rhymes anymore - and Daniel and Wheelie's roles are relatively more subdued compared to 2010 (Season 3). This is a good thing. Galvatron - who's always been a tard monkey in the cartoon, is replaced by Mega Zarak is leader. That's a good thing too.

And all of the new characters that were introduced in The Headmasters got a lot more exposition than in The Rebirth, and I also like how they staggered the expositions more compared to The Rebirth as well - for instance, it's really cool how there's a substantial time gap between the debut of the Headmasters and the debut of the Targetmasters, giving the series more time to allow further character exposition before throwing more new characters at you. The Rebirth was just one big character-fest, throwing characters at you left, right and centre with little to no exposition on them! A lot of them just appeared for a short moment, enough for the show to plug the toy, then they were never seen again! e.g.: the Clones, Punch/Counterpunch and Sixshot, who totally sucked in The Rebirth but is my favourite character in The Headmasters and is one of my favourite Decepticon in the entire G1 cartoon series! What a fascinating character he is!

The Rebirth's Sixshot did nothing more than transform six times, shoot some Autobots... and erm... that was it. We knew nothing about his character or persona. Sixshot is like the Transformers' equivalent of a Mandalorian from Star Wars! (e.g.: Jango Fett, Boba Fett) Don't tell me that ain't cool?

And I'm sure a lot of this coolness is lost in the dubs which is just terrible.

That's not to say that The Headmasters is a particularly fantastic series and free of flaws - it isn't (Ultra Magnus' death is the lamest Transformers death scene ever). It is by far the weakest of the Japanese G1 series, but I would disagree in saying that it was so hopeless that watching it in a dub form which strips it of its story would make it better. (-_-)

Here is the Headmasters song at an Anime convention in Spain:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=cK3DdnOifW8

KAWARE HAEDMASUTAAA!!
    ________
    Dodge A100 History
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 02:44 PM.

I think it was pretty poor of Magnus in his death episode, he didn't even get ONE whack on Sixshot, and yet Magnus is such a champ and reliable warrior for the Autos cause, poor guy.

Also the episode names sure as hell destroyed any possible suprises. But I like the HEadmasters for the corny-ness of it all.

My biggest wish would be for a computerised dub with the original voices, then IMO it would be better.... Not great but better.